Chapter 2: The Aftershock

Yes... Here I come for the second chapter.....Hope you like it.

Its now morning and my catasthropic room reminds me of what had happened,

I'm still pondering, thinking of the scenario yesterday.... and wishing that it's just a dream and never part of my real world.

I try to fix everything in my room and return all the scattered stuffs in its original place, so that when my mama comes, she will not interrogate me of what went wrong and ask me many why's and how's.

but before I had finished putting all my things in its position, my mother came, as expected, she asks me.

"Ohh! Kit what's going on, what's the matter? why? what's the problem? who made this? you? why did you do this?"

I didn't even say any single word, and I still continue organizing my room... but she still seeks answers for her questions. She comes closer to me and eye-to-eye asks me.

"son, tell me, what happened? is there something that's bothering you??

"nothing ma, I left my window open and I supposed its midnight, a black mysterious cat came inside. It really frightened me, so I get some stuffs and angrily throw it to that ghost-like cat" I explained.

After hearing my curvy explanation, she then left the room and proceeded to our kitchen and start preparing our breakfast.

"Haizt, Thank God she believed me. I don't want to formulate more lies, sorry Lord but I have to do that, I don't want to add more burden to their load of responsibilities "

I get my medals and decided where am I going to display that, but thoughts came into my mind.

"I got three layers of eyebags for these. I always skipped meals for these pieces of gold-like medals. And now I realized that I did not study to learn and to educate myself, I just studied for these necklace-like recognitions that I cannot use and wear everyday"

"How am I going to use these for High school. If only these could be sold and have a monetary value, no further ado I'll sell these just to have money for my tuition fee."

I went out of my room.They are all sitting and ready for our breakfast, but me I think I don't want to eat.I don't feel any hunger.I don't feel like going out of my room. I don't want to see anybodyelse. I don't want.I just don't want. ...

"Kit, come here let's eat.We will go to your school to get all your documents so we can enroll you to our nearby school" mom said.

Still no words coming out from my dry mouth.I just proceeded to the dining table and start eating.Then I noticed that papa is not with us.Oh I forgot he always goes to his work before the sun shines.

"Hey big bro, I wanna be like you when I grow up. Smart and wise.I wanna excell too in my school." Henry, my younger brother said.

"Noo Henry.. You shouldnt be.Because I'll be the next PAKITO ABANIKO. I will make sure that I will also give pride to our family" Ali, my youngest brother uttered.

And the two started to tease each other.

"Kiddos...that's enough, we are having our meal. But I know that the two of you will be like your big brother"

They are so happy...but me I dont have any reaction to what they are talking about. Yeah I'm staring at them, watching them and hearing them.

But all didnt sink in my mind. maybe I cannot comprehend coz I'm out of the blue or I'm thinking of something...or I JUST DON'T CARE..I JUST DONt..

xxxxx pause for a while xxxxxx 

still mixing thd ingredients for the next chapter. ajijiji :) :)