The Man in The Blue Light

I looked at this man with complete surprise. What was I going to help with him? My skills as a witch were very limited. 

"Why should I help you?" I asked. 

"Because if you don't I'm afraid there will be consequences." He said sternly. 

"Like what?" 

He waved his wand and a side door opened. Two bodies levitated out of the door and were hovering in front of us. The bodies were of my parents wrapped in ropes.

"Mom, Dad!" I yelled. 

I struggled to try and get out of my own ropes, I couldn't. Crouch flicked his wand and the ropes tightened around my parents necks. 

"No! Please stop!'" I yelled at him.

He lowered his wand the grip around my parent's throats loosened.  

"Then you will help me, or unfortunately my dear, you won't be seeing your muggle parents anymore." He said bluntly. 

"Fine I'll do whatever you want, just don't hurt them." I said.

I could hear my parents struggling to talk. They were probably telling me not to do it. 

"That's a good girl. I'm going to release you now." He said. 

With another flick of his wand he released the restraints around my hands, and sent my parents back through the door. I rubbed my wrists, they ached due to the tightness of the ropes. 

"What is it you need me to do exactly?" I asked.

He motioned for me to stand up. I obeyed. He walked behind me and out of the den we were in. Crouch walked up the stairs of his house and I followed behind him. His house was old and tattered. It was clear that this house was not well maintained. I was under the impression that ex ministers get to live comfortably for the rest of their lives, so why was his house so worn down and filled of cobwebs? It didn't add up. 

We walked down a creaky hallway with very dim lights. It was bright enough to see a foot in front of your face and that was all. Crouch stopped in front of a room with a locked door. 

"Before we go in here, I must warn you, what you see you can never speak of ever again." 

I shook my head yes in response to him. He took out his wand and held the tip on the lock. The lock glowed and then dropped to the floor. The door opened slowly. We both stepped inside slowly. 

In the room was a trunk and a single bed, thats it. What was on top of the bed shocked me. It was a man! Around his body was this soft blue light. He looked like he was asleep, but still breathing, so he definitely wasn't dead. 

I walked closer to his body and looked at his face. He had brown hair and a pretty face. He was long and slender. He couldn't have been that much older than myself. Then it hit me. I looked back at Crouch. 

"Minister, this.....this can't be. He's supposed to be dead." I said shaking. 

"Ms. Underwood, I would like to introduce my son, Barty Crouch Jr." He said smiling and motioning towards the man on the bed. 

My eyes widened in shock.