Finding barry

Jogging to the police station. The rain hits my long brown hair soaking me completely. Pushing open the door to the station I notice Joe west my grandfather talking to the captain. I walk up to them. "Excuse me sir I'm here about the opening on the task force" I flash a smile.

They both glance at me; Joe looks at me with curiosity. "Joe this is." The captain looks at me already forgetting my name. "Rachel" I frown with embarrassment.

"Rachel is going to be the newest addition to are task force, she taking Hannah's place." I stick my hand out gesturing for Joe to shake it.  "Welcome to the team Rachel" he grins. Mother looks so much like her father. I miss them.  I hate how they have no idea who I am. I wish I could tell them but it's not the right time.

"I wonder where Barry is?" the captain replies with wonder. "Barry's the forensic scientist right? I heard about him."

I of course know him since he's my father.

"I think he's up in his lab." Joe says, The captain interrupts us saying goodbye and heading to his office.

"I would very much like to meet him. I love his work. I would like to know how he figures out all the clues at a crime scene so quickly" I grin with excitement.  I want to see my dad in person. I need to see him. "His lab is right up those stars and to the left." I nod and say thank you heading up the stairs to Barry's lab.

It's so nerve reckoning. I have been dreaming about this moment my whole life. I wonder what he's like. I step in the doorway and stop in horror. Barry's laying on a shelf with chemicals all over him. The sight sends a horrifying shock down my spine. I feel like I'm reveling my father's death over again even though I know he's not dead. 

Running towards him I remove the containers from him and place them on the ground. Tears from in my eyes. I stare at the younger version of my father. I stare at him and for a moment and feel like I'm back in my father's arms.  I touch his hand when suddenly the world fades away and an imagine forms in my mind.

I'm running as fast as the speed force can take me. Lighting shoots from my body like a spark. I feel the jolts of electricity leaving my body and disappearing from the speed force almost like they have minds of their own.

I gasp recognizing that moment in time. Suddenly I'm being thrown into another vision.

The lighting hits Barry as he goes flying back into the shelves of chemicals, they explode all over him. Suddenly I'm standing over him.

I gasp when I realize what these visions mean. I was the one that struck my father. I was the lightning bolt that gave him his powers.

My father became the flash not by accident but on purpose.  He sent me back in time because of this. What happened to him was my fault. I created the events that led up to my familys death. I was the one that started the events that destroyed my world.

Tears fall down my face and onto my father.  Grabbing barrys hand in mine I clutch his hand. Closing my eyes I whisper to him.

"it's not your fault , one day you will realize that you couldn't stop them, you couldn't stop the phoenix. I want you to know that I love you and I forgive you for leaving me alone. I love u dad"

I cry. It feels like my heart has been ripped out from my chest. Sniffling I stand up and run down stairs to tell Joe that Barry needs help.

------
Hours later

I sit beside Barry's bed. I waited till iris left to stay with Barry I couldn't have her asking questions about who I am.