Chapter 18

Just realized i never actually published this chapter... Whoops ^_^'

Despite his first victory, Ash had had little time for celebration immediately afterwards. The first thing he had to do was rotate which Pokémon were in his party for the next round. He sent Noivern, Tarous and Buizel back to Professor Oak's lab, and got his next batch of Pokémon, ready, rested and prepared to battle the next day's battle, eager to get into a fight. It was another three on three battle. For it, he had decided on Goodra, Torterra and Pikachu, three of his heaviest hitters. 

In order to keep an advantage, Clemont had suggested he not only rotate the Pokémon he used, but that he switched between various types of Pokèmon's battling styles, or anatomy. So, for example, using Quilava, Sceptile and Snorlax in the same team, because Quilava was small, Sceptile was quick, and Snorlax was a bulky and defensive Pokémon. Many trainers found it difficult to switch seamlessly between battling styles, something Ash never seemed to have any problems with. Ash had agreed with Clemont's reasoning and strategy, and decided he would try out this theory with the team he had selected. 

His next opponent was a trainer who was apparently called Tsu. In his previous match, he had used an Ursuring, a Meinshao, and a Bouffalant. From his competitor profile, he wore a black hoodie and grey jeans. On the left sleeve of his jacket, in white, was the symbol for victory. He had a tanned skin color, and black eyes. Judging from his picture, he also suffered from Insomnia, as he had dark rings underneath his eyes 

He had been congratulated by several people as he went about his business, who had watched his battle, impressed by Ash's battling abilities. He had been stopped as many as five times by people who wanted to congratulate him or ask him how he had done it. He was almost caught by a camera crew, who he could sense would interview him, something he, in his rather tired, mentally drained state, would prefer to avoid. 

Ash was walking down the corridor to meet up with Serena, Clemont and Bonnie after he had received Sceptile when he heard the rumors. 

"You heard about the trainer in the bottom brackets, right?" One competitor was speaking to another. The two seemed to be in the middle of a discussion. One had a look of worry on his face as the other spoke. The one who had spoken was dressed up completely in white, and had a red bag around his shoulders. Long hair, but half of the fringe was held back by his hair. The half that wasn't held up covered over his left eye. His visible eye was brown. 

"No." Said the other trainer. He wore a black cap with a red jacket, contradicting his silver hair. His trousers, black, and his bag, also black. He appeared worried about this trainer in the lower brackets, obviously fearing facing an opponent too strong for him. He seemed to notice Ash. He diverted from his attention from his friend and called over Ash. "Hey, kid, you're the one who beat Keith Larige, aren't ya?" 

Ash looked briefly to his side, realizing that the red jacketed trainer was referring to him. "Yeah, I did."

"Some impressive battling you did out there today. I thought for sure Keith had you beat." The trainer dressed in white said. "But I don't rate our chances of winning this entire league being too high. Your Improvisation was impressive, but it's no match for sheer power." 

"What do you mean? Hey, I'm winning this league, and I'll take on anyone who tries to talk down to me!" Ash retorted, nearly exploding in anger that a random competitor had began to talk down to him. 

His red jacketed friend out his hand between the two. "Sorry about him. He's terrible with words. Truth be told, he admires you a lot. You did an incredible feet beating Larige today... But, he was a lightweight compared to some of the competition here..."