a

Obi woke up the next day with pain all over his leg as he opened his eyes to see you holding his hand while you were asleep.

"How long has she been here?" He asked himself. He picked up his left arm that didn't have the ivy and scratched the back of his head. He squeezed your hand and you soon woke up.

You opened your eyes and saw Obi laying there with his face in pain. You gave him a sad smile. "Thank god you're okay." You whispered. "I was really worried about you." You let out a heavy sigh. "I'm so glad."

His eyes widened but soon gave you a reassuring smile. "Thank you... f/n. I really appreciate it." You smiled back.

"But why?" You sat up in shock. "What do you mean, 'Why?' " You're my partner. Of course I would care about you! It's just... In all honesty I was scared; It was my fault that you got hurt. If I was just strong enough and less stupid you wouldn't have gotten hurt like that..." You head hung low as you clenched your free hand. "I really shouldn't be apart of this team.

Obi patted the top of your head. "Nonsense... I went there because we're a team! And teams work together, right? Don't blame yourself, please..." He trailed off and you nodded with tears forming in your eyes. "You saved us all, for gods sake!" He laughed, but you didn't say anything. You blushed madly, and you didn't know why. It was just, happening. Your heart throbbed more and more while you were with him.

"Look at me, f/n." You raised your head and you bit your lip, stopping yourself from crying. He raised his hand and wiped the tears away from your face and he then put his hand on the top of your head. "I really appreciate how much you care for me." He smiled. Your face had lit up with a smile.

"There's that familiar smile." He whispered. He took a small hair pin out of his pocket.

It was mothers.

You were in complete shock; you wondered where he got it. "Thanks so much Obi!" You hugged and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Too bad it's broken..." He mumbled as you shook your head side to side. "It's the last thing I have left of my mom. I'm thankful you picked it up for me."

-

After one week, Obi was able to walk again as we had left Tanbarun. Obi was still not feeling to good, so he had rode the carriage with Shirayuki. You were now riding with Zen.

"Thanks, Zen. This really was an amazing trip. You know, before the end of the ball." You shrugged.

"I'm happy you enjoyed it." He replied with a smile.

Shirayuki looked out the window and stared at you and Zen with jealousy. She didn't hate you, she just wish she was with Zen and not you.

"Obi, I'm going to go ride with Zen, okay?" She smiled. His eyes widened but he gave a soft smile. "Alrighty, Misstress. Go on." He waved her goodbye and he looked out the window. His heart and chest ached as Shirayuki happily talked to Zen, wishing she was like that with him.

You started to walk towards the carriage and entered, showing Obis fake smile.

"Ah, hey Obi." You smiled back. He gave you a small wave and looked back out the window. You raised an eyebrow, wondering why he was acting this way.

You looked back out the window to see what he was staring at. Surely enough it was Shirayuki behind Zen.

"Obi." He turned to face you.

"I need me two questions today." He nodded with a smirk.

"Alright then, go on. Ask me your two questions." You nodded. Your heart started to beat faster. This is it, you'll find out the truth on how he feels about Shirayuki.

"First question... Do you like Shirayuki?" His eyes widened and he had hesitated his answer.
"No."

"Okay. Next question, then. You're lying to me, aren't you?" You shut your eyes tight, hoping he would say the two letter word.

He turned his head to the right with a sheepish smile. He scratched his cheek with embarrassment. "Yes, I am."

Your eyes shot open. You shook your head side to side for a small bit. "I knew it..." You whispered obviously.

It felt like a piece of you was missing and you couldn't understand why. Why do you feel this way? You sighed and faked a small smile for him. "Dude, it's so obvious!" You faked a laugh and he laughed along with you.

"Yeah, you're probably right." He chuckled softly. He smiled as he stared into your eyes. You were thinking of a reason to leave. "Oh you know what? You probably need more leg space. I'll go with Kiki. Don't worry, I won't tell a single person or thing about your little secret." You winked and left before he could argue.

He sighed and looked up at the low ceiling.

"I never meant to hurt you, Miss."