a

You packed all your sleeping clothes and extra uniforms in a small bag and sighed. "Finally done..." You mumbled to yourself. You were leaving tomorrow to go to Tanbarun with all of your new friends.

A knock was heard from the door and the person had entered with a smile. "Excuse me!" Shirayuki had smiled.

"Ah, hello." You said. "What brings you here?" You inquired.

"Just here to say hi and drop off some bottles of medicine. I won't be around you and Obi for some time. I'll be with Prince Zen... So I will give these to you, just in case." She handed you a small bundle of glass bottles with the names of its uses all over it.

"Thanks so much!" She nodded with a small wave goodbye. "I should go finish packing now." You gave her a closed eye smile. When she left you sighed, packed the bottles, and read your small book to sleep.

-

The next morning was hectic with many soldiers bidding is a farewell. We will all be gone for about a month, due to the traveling time.

"Alrighty. So, Shirayuki will be riding in the carriage with me. Once we get a new horse, f/n will be riding alone. As of right now, you'll ride with Obi." You nodded and looked over to him with a smile.

Once everyone got into their positions you were the last to jump on the horse. Obi lend a hand but you quickly declined and just jumped on yourself. "You're skills are great for such a small girl." You sighed while you shook your head. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

"Alrighty, let's go!" Everyone started their horses and you were soon off to the country. You wrapped your arms around Obi as you laid your head onto his back.

"You smell nice." You blurted aloud. Obi, pretending not to hear you, stifled a small laugh. "Excuse me, Miss?" He asked. You blushed a deep red. "N-Nothing!" You laughed awkwardly while you scratched the back of your head.

The ride to there went smoothly. We soon stopped at a small inn with two rooms and three beds. You decided to be the one to stay on watch while the others went to bed.

With your eyes closed as you pretended to sleep, you heard light footsteps walking. Your eyes had opened slightly, still trying to fake your sleeping. The footsteps came closer and closer, and you immediately shot up, grabbed your sword, and pointed it out in the direction.

There stood another person with the same mask from earlier. Your eyebrows furrowed as you charged towards him. He dodged your first attack, which allowed him to slash your lower stomach.

You winced and attacked once again, not missing. You cut his whole chest and he fell down screaming in pain. Zen, Mitsuhide, and Obi heard this since you were on the top floor. They all quickly got up from their beds to see what all the commotion was. They saw you standing there with a small smile.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Zen asked grabbing you by the shoulders. You nodded as you slowly walked to your bag while covering the wound. "Go back to bed, I'm okay!" You smiled. "You may want to take that guy away, though. He's from the same gang that tried to attack us at the castle." Mitsuhide and Zen nodded, leaving you and Obi alone.

"You're hurt, aren't you?" Obi asked. You looked over to him in shock but slowly nodded your head in shame. You leaned up against the wall and sighed softly. You grabbed the bottles from your bag and a small cloth.

"Let me do it. You're hurt enough already." You stared back into his eyes but finally gave in. "I told you to be more careful, but you didn't listen?" He asked with a small chuckle. "It was late, and I was tired... It isn't even that big of a cut, anyways..." You argued with him as he wiped the cut.

"You know, maybe you shouldn't be here." He told.

Your eyes widened in shock, and you quickly grew angry. You snatched the cloth out of his hand. "I am capable of doing what I must. Sure, I get cut. Sure, I may get scars, but their scars of the battles that I fight and end with glory. I am staying here, Obi. Wether you like it or not." You looked fiercely into his eyes. He nodded with a small smile. "I thought you would be more upset. You're a strong person, you know that Miss?"

"Of course I know that! Why would I be here if I weren't?" You stuck your face up cockily as he just chuckled with a sigh following afterword." He took the cloth back once again, and finished helping you by placing a small bandage on the small cut. As he did so, you had slowly fallen asleep.

"Alright now, go get some rest. I'll take-" You had fallen forward into his arms as you quietly breathed in and out. You wrapped your arms around his chest, thinking it was your pillow. His mouth opened in shock with a little blush following.

Sighing, he let you stay there as he looked up into the sky, smiling to himself.

"This year will surely be another interesting one with her around." He muttered to himself.

-

You had awoken to the sound of small birds chirping, signaling it was morning. You opened your eyes slowly with anger, for you hated is bright the sun was as it hit your eyes.

"Too... Bright..." You said. You realized your hands were wrapped around something. You squeezed it and turned to your side. There laid Obi, who was staring at you with his mouth covered, trying to hide his smile.

Your eyes widened with embarrassment as you pulled and almost even pushed him away as you covered your face. "O-Obi! S-S-Sorry! I just cling onto pillows at n-night a-a-and I must've fallen asleep..." You rambled on and on.

"It's okay, but I must say, you love to hold onto things. Was I a good pillow? You seemed to not let me go whenever I tried to pick you up." You squealed in embarrassment as you ran away to the bottom floor and jumped into the bed. Kiki and Shirayuki looked at you in worry. "F/n, is everything okay?" Kiki wondered as she stared at you with a straight face.

"Ah, it couldn't be any better." You sighed as you let your hot face cool down. "Well, breakfast is ready, and we're leaving in about five minutes..." Kiki mumbled.

"EH?!" You yelled. You quickly got up and ran to the eating hall and took the renaming miso soup, tamagoyaki, and rice and ate that as quickly as possible. You ate it all in less than two minutes, which made you feel so stuff and replenished with food.

A bit to stuffed.

You groaned as your stomach ached. You shrugged it off though and headed to where the horses' stable was. There you met up with everyone. You tried to be optimistic so you let off a big smile towards everyone.

"You ready?" Mitsuhide asked you.

"More than ever. Let's go!" You smiled.