Two

A/N: Hello everyone! A bit of an early update since I found some time. The photo above is the leading lady, portrayed by Oscar Winner Alicia Vikander. She is such a lovely gal. 

Enjoy and Happy reading. Until the next updater - tomorrow.

------

A beeping sound in the distance woke me up the next morning. I groaned while twisting around the stiff foam. I regretted feeling happy about the moving staff bringing it across the country. After a quick stretch, I sat up and grunted as I got on my feet. It took me a moment to get my senses settled on where I was. The smell of dirty old socks and moss made me snort in disgust. A few days ago, I was sleeping in my expensive bed with blue satin sheets. But now, all I had for a bed was foam and a poor excuse of a sheet with pillows that remind you of a rock. I made a mental note on going shopping for home décor before proceeding with my impending exile.

After I finished moping on my lost, I headed towards the bathroom and cleaned up. In fresh new clothes, I paced to the kitchen with breakfast in mind. It took me a second to recall I had nothing on my fridge. I was wrapped up with moving and getting settled yesterday I forget to buy groceries. With a disgruntled sigh, I grabbed the key to my old Ford truck and decided to head out.

On the way, I stopped on my trail when I heard a women almost yodeling to get my attention. In confusion and a bit of interest, I turned towards the sound and found a woman in her late thirties, wearing a yellow sundress and red headband waving at me. I was surprised and couldn't verbally respond.

"Hello there. Are you Luke's cousin? Cole was it? I'm sorry if my family and I didn't properly greet you yesterday," she said and made her way towards the fence that divided the properties where we both stood.

"Yes Ma'am. I'm Kyle actually, and it's okay," I replied after composing myself and quickly headed toward her direction.

With a blush and cheeky smile, we shook hands in greeting. "Why? Aren't you a gentleman, calling me Ma'am? Please, it's Grace Howard. Call me Grace."

"Nice to meet you... Grace."

"I didn't know Mrs. Wilde had another nephew." She stared at me in wonder.

"She doesn't. I'm related to Luke by his father's side," I explained, familiar with Luke's mother's maiden name and stuck with the story he had presented yesterday.

"Oh! Are you Mr. Bailey's nephew?" she studied me with scrutinizing eyes.

"Yes. I am."

"Well, I didn't know he had such a handsome nephew...Anyways, it was nice meeting someone new in this town." She pointed with a smile while giving one last appreciative glance.

After a respective goodbye, I hurriedly headed towards my truck, praying the neighbor living on the other side wouldn't show and chat up too. Once I backed up the driveway, it was clear there were no interruptions from my neighbors. I drove towards the Central Avenue without a destination in mind. Hunger was the only set goal I needed to be accomplished at the moment. And then, like my prayer being answer, my eyes landed on the bakeshop I stopped yesterday. There was no energy left in me to drive further to get something to eat.

After parking by the front door, I watched a group of women, who looked to be in sixties, marched wearing a vintage flower patterned dress and knitted cardigans. As I hoped out of the driver seat, I kept a slow paced and allowed the group to go ahead of me. One lady who trailed behind glanced in my direction, giving me a warm smile in greeting. I smiled back before walking towards the door.