Seven

A/N: Hello everyone! Here is the last update for this weekend.

The picture above it what the town looked liked. Whitefish, Montana USA. 

Why I chose this place? There were a lot of choices, and this view in particular gave me a sense of what my imagination depicted where these characters lived. And also, it is such a lovely view. It was my wallpaper when I started writing this story.

_____________

The next day, my buzzing phone woke me up from an uneventful sleep. I groaned in protest before patting underneath my pillow where I last placed it. When I got it on my hand, my strained sleepy eyes tried to read the caller I.D., the person responsible for making my morning miserable.

"Kyle, before you judge me on how this situation would sou..." Luke's frantic voice trailed off on the other end of the phone, perking up my interest.

"Give me the phone, Luke! If you are playing with me here, I'm not as forgiving as my Aunt!" a familiar spunky female voice yelled faintly in the background.

"Just give me a moment to explain it to him why I'm allowing you to take this call," Luke defended, his voice sounded distant.

"Guys, I could hear you," I mumbled apathetically, knowing no one would hear me.

"Kyle! Kyle! Is this you?" The female voice screamed, making me flinched away from the ear splitting sound.

"Cristine. You know we're on the phone, right?" I grumbled after she calmed down.

"That is the only way for you to talk and listen to me. And I'm expressing my frustrations. I'm pissed that you didn't tell me about that infamous spouse of yours!" She yelled again, making me pull away from the phone.

"I'm not going to tell you anything if you continue screaming at the damn phone," I scolded.

"Fine," she murmured in defeat. I could hear her heaving in annoyance across the phone. "Where are you right now? And why didn't you call right away? I couldn't believe that you had to wait until I read the magazine to find out my own brother..."

"I have to stop you right there." I interjected, grunting slightly as I sat up on the uncomfortable comforter. Even with the thick blanket and the newly bought pillowcase, it still felt like sleeping in gravel. "I apologize for not telling you anything. But cut me some slack. I went through a lot after that ordeal."

"I know, Kyle. I'm sorry that I wasn't there with you when it happened. I should have realized what that witch was doing. As a nosy sister, I should have realized it sooner." She sounded overwhelmed and feeble.

"Nobody knew it was happening, Crissy. And being the one person she goes home to everyday, I should have realized." I countered, trying to pull her out of misery. "We didn't know. No one knew except her." My voice trailed off into a whisper.

There was a beat of silence before she probed again. "Kyle, where are you? Luke won't tell me a thing."

"I don't want to tell anyone where I am at the moment. I hope you understand that decision, Crissy. And don't bother Luke. I owe that man more than my life now." I warned. My voice regaining back it's strength.

"You trust your secretary over your own sister," she feigned disbelief. I heard her suck in a breath to add drama.

"When one's sister is as nosy as she implied, then yes, I trust Luke over you," I remarked half-heartedly and tired to lighten the mood.

"Ah!" She exclaimed in irritation from being outwitted.

"Could I get my phone back now? I use that for work, you know." I overheard Luke's faint pleading voice in the background.