Prologue

"The people you meet are there to help find your better self.

No matter how some of them hurt you.

There is always a reason why."

Falling in love is easier said than done. You need to find the one who made you feel alive, happy, and everyday the dream was part of reality. But this wasn't love. For someone whose life was well managed and planned, one wrong move could shatter that implied perfection. I knew there was no such thing as perfect. Not in life and definitely not in love.

My vision narrowed. The busy street looked like it was in dramatic slow motion as I drove back to one of the residence I owned. Once the red light turned green, my black Audi roared to life as I stepped on the gas pedal. The car lunched towards the busy street of rush hour morning in Chicago. In a few minutes, I arrived at the garage of the condo building. With ease, I drove towards my parking spot beside my other collection of expensive cars. But at the moment, I hadn't felt smug about having them. Not even the luxury penthouse I was heading up made me felt an ounce of the rich businessman in Chicago Forbes had listed.

At the moment, I felt like just an ordinary man. Someone who struggled and hurt like being kicked hard in the crouch, which was how it felt when I saw her with him. Looking at the empty spacious living room, the thousands of dollar furniture, it didn't mean anything. The life I made for both of us shattered into nothingness.

I felt the phone in my blazer pocket buzzed. It brought me out of my trance. With heavy hands, I pulled out the phone and stared at the caller I.D. My body relaxed when I saw the name.

"Hey," I said after answering and placed the phone on my ear.

"Are you okay?" a familiar voice asked on the other end.

"Do I sound okay?" I countered with a shaky breath.

"What do you want to do now?"

"I need to disappear for awhile." I whispered mechanically.

"How can I help?"