Three

A/N: Hello everyone! I had to update a bit early since I would be busy tomorrow. I might not find time to update.

 A photo of the lovely Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the portrayal of Gabe Heath. 

Until next weekend update! Enjoy!

_______________

"When was the last time you actually went out of the house?" Luke emphatically asked. His voice rang clear from the speaker of my phone.

"It's only been four days since you've abandon me in this strange town," I evasively replied. "And I had been outside the house. I cleaned the car yesterday and took an errand to grab some new bed sheet and pillows... and don't comment on the last part. I know how it sounded."

I heard muffled chuckles on the other end of the phone. "Well, well. Look who's doing normal stuff, picking out bed sheet, pillows and washing cars."

"Also I forgot to ask. Why they hell are you so famous in this town? I thought moving in and pretending to be your relative would make me just another fly in the wall." I pressed, quickly changing the subject.

"Okay, I'm quite charming when I was young... Anyways, as I'd said before, it's a small town. My grandmother had lived there long and got acquainted with the locals. Mainly everyone who lives there had grew up together. And once the younger generation graduates, they moved to the city – like my family and me. Those who stayed had a good reason why."

"So in a nutshell, you were a rowdy child." I stated rather than guessed.

"Yes. I made a mess at one of the town festival, which was almost fifteen years ago. They weren't entertained when my friends and I wrecked an annual baking contest. No one got to taste the winning cake for that year." He let out a stifled laugh.

I laughed at the mental picture. "Now, how would anyone forget such a lasting impression?"

After our brief chat on my current situation, Luke and I talked about work. Since I was no longer in headquarters, I trusted him the task on shouldering some of my burden at the office. It wasn't my first call. I hadn't hired Luke for his reckless past. He had outgrown the trait by ten folds. As my secretary, he was obliged to help me out while I solved a few hiccup in my personal life. Actually, at the moment, it wasn't a small hiccup. If it were, I wouldn't fly across the country and moved in a small town, worrying about people recognizing me.

"So when would those cable men arrive to fix my Internet problem so I could start working again?" I asked after we've covered most of the transaction from when I was gone.

"As I've said, don't blame me when you start bitchin' about choosing to live there." He stated dryly. Not a hint of humor in his voice.

I quickly laugh it off before ending the conversation with a hasty 'call you later.' For the past three days since I'd moved in, it was the longest conversation I had with anyone human. The most I'd receive from when I got out for groceries where 'Hi' and 'Thank you'. By now, I was making an impression towards my neighbors as someone boring and probably a lazy bastard.

After the call, I put down my phone on the kitchen counter and headed towards the refrigerator to make breakfast. The chiller hummed in the background as cool air greeted me. I studied the almost empty food supply. From my last grocery run, I hadn't put it into account how many days of food I should buy. Back home, everything was well stock by the people who mend the apartment while I was at work.

With a discontented sigh, I closed the fridge. I picked up the car key and phone I left by the dining table. I took one of the jackets I had laying around by the couch before getting out of the house. The hairs on my arm stood at the autumn weather. Now I was up north, winter would be around earlier than I was used to.