Five

A/N: Hello everyone! Here is the last update for the weekend.

The picture above is Archie, Lenna's cousin and co-worker, who is portrayed by the lovely Taylor Kitsch. I love him as Gambit in Wolverine Origins and in Battleship.

Until next week's update! Enjoy and Happy reading! Have a lovely week!

____________

Before I headed home last night, Benji and I agreed on my working hours. He also agreed on having me take a few things in the store if I needed anything, since I was doing unpaid work. As expected, I argued with him. But from the firm look on the old man's face, he wouldn't take no for an answer. So last night, I was able to nab a free instant coffee, a bottle of milk, and a bag of chips. To reassure me, Benji said it would lighten his conscience making a stranger work for him.

When another day rolled in, I felt eager to be heading out doing something in my exile. No one would expect to see a multi-million dollar owner and CEO of a fastest growing business in the country working at a tiny convenience store on a small town in Montana. It made me comfortable about taking the job out of a whim.

On the drive to work without any breakfast on my stomach, I struggled on deciding to grab some bread at the bakeshop. Out of impulse, I parked the car by the glass door and entered the shop with confident strides.

She stood with her back facing me when I entered. Her brown hair tailed up in the small ponytail. After hearing the bell ring from the door, she turned around to greet me. Our eyes met briefly before someone entered the empty store from the direction of the back room.

"I think you should be complementing me on arriving early today." It was her co-worker, Archie; from what I remembered the last time I was here.

"Still not early enough, Archie," Lenna remarked before turning her attention back to me.

By the time they finished their short banter and the man turned back where he came, I was standing in front of the register ready to order. "Hi! Glad you came back. I thought we scared you away from this place. And sorry about last time with Gavin," she greeted, her tone light and familiar.

"It's nothing. And you didn't scare me away. I was testing out other shops in the place. And I forget I'd never got to taste any of the bread here. Though the breakfast meal at Carol's was much appetizing," I casually quipped.

"Ah, well, we try though," she dramatically sighed in defeat. "But you are right, I liked Carol's hush browns and chicken fritters. It's Gavin's favorite," she gushed with a smile.

"So how is the little guy?" I asked, smiling at the gleam in her eyes when mentioning her son.

"He's fine. Thank you for asking," she replied a bit stunned like she hadn't expected the question. And like a snap, her expression was gone. "Oh! I'm sorry for keeping you with idle talk. And thing particular you want to eat this morning?"

My lips twitched slightly at her question but otherwise didn't press on the thought. "Bread, since it's a bakeshop, and it would be easier to eat it on the go."

"Any particular kind you liked?"

"What's the shop's best seller?"

"We have bagels, baguettes, croissants, and the classic cornbread. But since it's a breakfast run, I would recommend a sandwich? We have ham and egg. You might like it," she suggested.

"Okay. I would take your word for it. And add two bagels and a cup of coffee, please."

"Got it." She nodded with a smile while punching my orders on the register between us.