Six

A/N: Hello everyone! How is your week? 

So here is another weekend of updates. Sorry it took time to up this up. I went to the doctor today for antibodies shot - I think that's what it called. And my left arm really hurt and feels heavy at the moment. So I need to rest before doing any handiworks. hehe.

On the picture about is what my depiction of the cute Gavin. This kid is from the movie 'The Switch'. It's a really funny chick-flick movie. 

Anyways, until tomorrow's update. Enjoy and Happy reading!

___________________

I stopped in front of the door, taking a cautionary breathes before entering. As I was about to head inside, Carol opened the door. Her eyes grew wide in surprise for a second and then composed herself with a warm smile.

"Kyle, welcome. Having dinner with us for a change?" she asked while gesturing her hand inside the diner.

"Ah yeah..." I replied hesitantly whilst I entered the store.

I tried to keep myself ignorant of the eyes I knew was staring in my direction. From my oblivious mind, I hadn't heard what Carol had said. She waved her hand in front of my face to get back my attention.

"Are you okay, Kyle?" she asked in worry.

I blinked in surprise, trying to compose myself. From my lack of control, my eyes trailed towards the direction Lenna and her company sat. There was no need to refine innocence. The blinding smile she had on when our eyes met was all it took to push aside my nerves.

"Kyle!" My ears singled out the sound of her voice from the mumbling chatter of the other customers.

I raised my hand in response and waved. And unexpectedly, her hand gestured for me to go to her. My eyebrow scrunched in confusion until Carol spoke up.

"I think Lenna wants you to join their booth," she whispered beside me.

I glanced at Carol beside me, who was already looking at me with wonder. When I hadn't hinted on accepting the offer, she wrapped her hand around my arm and pulled me along. "Come on." She stated with slight frustration.

Once we reached where Lenna sat, others in her booth looked up at our arrival. Sitting beside her was none other than her son, Gavin, and opposite from her was the man she referred as Gabe. The older man ogled at me in confusion and familiarity.

"Gabe, this is Kyle. He's Luke's cousin. The one I told you about..." Lenna spoke up, grabbing the man's attention.

"Oh, okay." He nodded briefly before returning his scrutinizing gaze at me. "Hi. I'm Gabe, Gavin's Uncle. Welcome to Montana. I hope the cold suits your taste." His deep monotonous voice gave me an eerie chill at the back of my neck. It felt like there was an undertone to his seemingly light greeting.

"Nice to meet you, sir. The weather is lovely, but not like Chicago." I remarked with friendly smile. My hand flexed, readying to offer it for a quick handshake after the greeting. But the man turned away when the little boy across from him called his attention.

"Gabe, you don't mind Kyle join us for diner, right?" Lenna asked, breaking the awkward exchange.

"Sure," Gabe replied and glanced back at me and nodded on the empty cushion beside him. "Take your seat, boy."

"Ah... Thank you..." I stuttered in reply while I slide down beside him.

Carol kept quiet throughout the exchange with an amused smile. Once I was settled, she handed me the menu with a quick 'I will be back.' Not sure how to break the ice, I stared at the menu and absentmindedly choose something eat. To loosen my nerves, a small quivering voice called me.