"It's Toasted!"

I didn't know how to tell my parents that I was going out of the city with my friends - all boys - for a party. So I just didn't.

"I'm going to Carousel with my friends this friday again." That's what I said.

Actually, it wasn't even going to be a party exactly. They didn't invite anyone, there was going to be only me and the band. They do parties very often but as we agreed to go to London, they wouldn't invite people to a party at a club in another city.

The doorbell rang and my father opened the door. He saw Keith standing there and Michael in the car, just like the last time.

-Jane, your friends arrived.

He clearly hated the fact that I started to hang out with them.

I was wearing a knee-high black and white skirt and a mustard yellow top. I was also wearing a black coat, as it was cold outside.

•••
-So... What are we going to do tonight? - I asked in the car as I took my coat off, it wasn't cold inside there.

-I'm not sure - Michael said without taking his eyes off the road - we can go to some good music club, or to a pub and drink and talk.

-Drink? - I didn't know we were going to drink.

I just turned 18, you know. Of course I already drank some champagne in the holidays or wine a couple of times. But I don't go to parties or pubs, I never got drunk or something.

-Yeah - Michael answered - the problem is who is driving back.

-I can drive back. - I said - I didn't really want to drink today.

-But and my car? Are you saying you want to sleep at my house tonight? - he joked.

-Ha ha, no.  Maybe you could leave your car at my garage for the night and I can take it to your house tomorrow?

-Perfect.

London was very close to Dartford. Bob, Allen, Dick and Keith were already in the car. We left my house at 5:45 PM so we arrived in London not later than 6:30.

 We left my house at 5:45 PM so we arrived in London not later than 6:30

We looked for a good place - and there were so many. We ended going to a music club. It was so much bigger than Carousel - and much more crowded too. So crowded that we almost got out of there. But we decided to stay and enjoy the music.

It was full of people dancing as the band played. Most of them in couple, some in a group of friends.