Blue Hawaii

Before starting, just wanted to say that there's a little mistake. The movie "Blue Hawaii" was released in November 22nd 1961 in the USA, but in the UK it was only released in February 9th 1962. When I wrote the chapter where Mick invites Jane to go, I couldn't find the UK's release date so I considered the USA one. I always try to keep the information here faithful to the real story but this time I failed. Forgive me and thank you for reading!
• Oh, there is practically no spoilers about the movie here.

-Why don't you wear that coat your aunt gave you last year?

-Mom, it's okay.

Friday, November 22nd. I was wearing a white coat - as long as a dress - and stockings, looking at the mirror, finishing my makeup as my mom, sitting on my bed, talked to me.

-I just want you to look perfect for your date.

-Why are you acting like it's my first date? What about Mark?

-You're grownup now, you're an adult! Maybe this is going to be a serious thing...

I should've not told my mother about this. She will now act like he is my official boyfriend.

-No way, mom. It's just a date at the movies. I don't even think he is really interested.

-I don't think he would have invited you if he wasn't.

When the doorbell rang my mom walked out of my bedroom to answer.

-Good evening, mrs. Parker. - I heard him say - Is Jane ready yet?

-I think she is! - Mom answered - Jane! Are you ready, honey? Michael is here.

I came downstairs, walking their way. I felt nervous as they looked at me.

-You look so... beautiful. - he told me looking straight in my eyes.

-Thanks - I said shyly, running my fingers through my hair.

-I brought this to you - he handed me one orange flower - I know it's not much but...

-Oh my God, this is so sweet! I love it, thank you! - he smiled.

•••
-Two tickets for Blue Hawaii, please.

The movie theatre was crowded. Crowded with teenagers and young adults that looked like a British version of what americans call Greasers*, the Rockers*. They were all here to watch Elvis. The boys were mostly wearing jackets or just jeans, and there was a line of Café Racer Motorcycles parked in front of the place.

-Do you want some popcorn?

-Sure.

•••
We walked in the room and got our seats.

-So - I began to talk as the movie didn't start yet - How is the band?

-Fine! Very fine. - he eats some popcorn - we are getting better. Do you believe we are thinking about recording?

-Recording, really?

-Yes! You know, pure amateur recording but it's still something, right? Many things happened in the last month.

-Yeah, I haven't been going to Carousel or anything...

-Yeah, where were you? I miss you...

-Well, I'm here now...

-You are - he smiled and I blushed - But it would be amazing to see you more often, you know. Are you avoiding us?