Keith's Party

Author's note: This is the longest chapter I ever wrote! Hope you don't get bored! This is a very important chapter.
By the way, I wanted to add a gif for this chapter but it's only available on computer, which not working very well.

The boys continued with the rehearsals three times a week. I didn't have many opportunities to see them playing, except for the times they did it on Saturdays or Fridays.

The Saturday after the one we went to Bob's house, there was a rehearsal. Michael was right, they were getting better. At the rehearsals, they played mostly Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly, but also Howlin' Holf, Fats Domino, Jimmy Reed. Keith even tried to convince them to play some Elvis, but the only songs they agreed to play were Heartbreak Hotel and Baby Let's Play House. Even though he wasn't against him, Michael thought that Elvis sounded "old". I know what he means.

The rehearsals usually happened at Bob's house, sometimes at Dick's bedroom or Michael's basement.

I hung out with them the following saturdays, and with Michael the following Fridays. Our "relationship" kept just the same way and this made me think about what my mother told about relationships. It started to look like it wasn't exactly what he was looking for.

Anyway,  he was being the nicest guy ever. Never no one has ever been so good for me. The way he looked in my eyes... Even a single word he said could make my heart beat faster. He was always there and always talked to me.

We started to tell everything to each other and I trusted him like I never trusted anyone. Two days a week started to be such a short time... Everyday I waited for Friday, that's all I could think about.

"Monday Morning Feels So Bad
Everybody Seems To Nag Me
Coming Tuesday I Feel Better
Even My Old Man Looks Good
Wednesday Just Don't Go
Thursday Goes Too Slow
I've got Friday On My Mind"

"Friday On My Mind" - The Easybeats

•••
Wednesday, December 18th.

I arrived home from college exhausted. I wrote two texts for tomorrow's class and laid on my bed, listening to the Chuck Berry's record Michael lent me last week.

I closed my eyes. I started to imagine Michael singing that. Sweaty and full of energy at his basement. It was almost as... As if I could hear his voice.

-Jane! - I heard the voice louder and opened my eyes.

I got up and walked to my window. I looked down and saw him, looking up.

-Michael? What are you doing here?

-I want to talk to you!

-Now?? - I looked around - Can't you wait for Friday?

-No! It has to be now!

-Okay, okay, stay there.

I tried to walk downstairs as quiet as possible and not make any noise.

-My parents can't hear you... What is it?

-Today is Keith's birthday.