Chapter 5: Imprinting

Bella's POV:

Renesmee stands up and looks around. When she meets my eyes she runs at vampire speed and wraps her arms around me like a vice. I return the hug. She goes to Edward and does the same. She sees Jacob.

"Who are you?" She asks Jacob.

"An old friend of your parents," Jacob lies. Sure I knew him but we were never friends. Edward knows exactly why.

"Call it what you wish," I mutter. Renesmee elbows me.

"Why don't you and Jacob go walk around outside," Edward says. Renesmee follows Jacob out the door.

"Why does she trust him? Why did she wake up earlier than the rest of us? How are her cheeks a light pink?" I spit out questions.

"She woke up earlier because she only transformed halfway. I'm not sure why or how but she did. So she'll get to grow up still. Her cheeks are pink because since she is only half vampire she is still part human," Edward answers all but one question.

"Why does she trust him to just walk off into the woods?" I ask again.

"He can tell you that one," Edward says with a grin.

When Renesmee and Jacob get back Edward takes Renemsee to her room and it's just Jacob and I in the living room.

"Fess up," I say as soon as I hear Renesmee's door close.

"Bella do you know what imprinting is?" Jacob asks.

"Yes," I answer. Edward has told me a bit about wolves over the years.

"Well, you see, we can't control who it happens to or when it happens and well....." He trails off but I get the picture. Before he can get another word out I've got him pinned to a tree outside.

"YOU IMPRINTED ON MY DAUGHTER!?" I scream.

"Bella I can't control it," Jacob says. I pick him up by his throat and throw him into a rock. His rib cracks.

"Get away from her and me and Edward. Don't come back here or I swear I will kill you!" I scream.

"I can't stay away from her and you know that," He says while clutching his side.

Words don't exit my mouth but I do walk over to him. My fist comes down hard right next to his face and a piece of the giant rock crublmes. Just then I hear the door open.

Renesmee is next to me in a second and she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Please don't hurt him," She whispers. So I back up and my little Renesmee helps the mutt up. Edward puts his arm around my waist and brings me back inside.

_______________________________________
Sorry for the shirt chapter. The next one will be longer. Thanks for reading! Bye! :D