Chapter 1

Beep, beep.

''It's only 6:47.'' I murmured to myself in my slumber. I tossed and turned, covering my ears with my pillow.

I took a brief shower, and dressed for school. I checked my phone for text messages, and as usual, there were always a few, always from the same person.

I beamed as his name lit up on my phone. Intrigued, I read the messages he had sent, parading down the stairs. I knew my house almost inside out, and outside in, if that made sense. I called him up and held my phone to my ear.

"Morning beautiful."

My lips curved into a glistening, showing-my-teeth smile and a rich pink complexion tinted my cheeks.

"You know I'm not beautiful."

I rolled my eyes and sighed in a whisper, resting my chin on the palm of my hand.

"You're beautiful to me."

I chortled a bit, in a good way. It seemed that talking to him alone could make my day, and I always admired that one fact about him.

"Aw come on, Danny, you don't have to lie to make me happy."

"I'm not lying, Rose, and you should know that by now."

I rolled my eyes, and momentarily later, Danny erupted into laughter.

"I know you're rolling your eyes."

"Uh, no you don't." I cracked-up a bit. Boy, I was giving away way too many hints from the tone of my voice.

"Every time you get annoyed you do."

"How would you know if I'm annoyed?"

"Because I can see it, hear it, smell it, taste it, and feel it." Danny emphasized the last bit of his sentence, his intense laughter blaring through my ears.

"Anyways, I'm getting late. See you at school?"

I smiled and finished the last bit of my breakfast.

"See you at school."

I shut down my phone and set it on the counter. I grabbed my 10 pound backpack and slung it over my shoulder, gasping for air as the heavy metal hit me square in the back. It wasn't literally metal, but due to the weight, you probably get the point.

I tossed my phone up in the air in one swift movement, and then caught it right in the palm of my hand. I smiled and slipped it into the front pocket of my jeans.

I wore a pair of my everyday favourite blue and green sneakers, and started to walk off to school, whistling to one of my favourite songs.

I passed a few houses in which I saw a few familiar faces, but none as familiar as to one I would see everyday.

"Mind if I join you?"

A voice shook me out of my thoughts and I nearly fell over. I spun around on the heels of my feet, and came face-to-face with Danny.

"You nearly killed me!" I laughed and punched him in the arm playfully.

He joined into my laughter, "Did I really? And all along I thought nothing could scare you." He poked fun at my shoulder.