29

I saw Lucas leap at me, and I swatted him out of the way with large, powerful paws. He was an idiot. My reflexes were sharper, and my magic was more focused. I would win, and I would prevail, no matter what. With my claws that were sharpened to a point, I deftly raked my claws across his side. He yowled in pain, and I then swatted him until he was on his side.

Lucas recovered quickly, and then he tried to attack me. He did land a blow on me from behind, but I hardly even noticed. I wheeled around to face him, glaring at him. I saw his muscles tense up. He was planning to lunge at me again. I scoffed. What a fool, thinking he could get something past me. Moving out of impulse alone, and without planning, I leapt up and aimed for Lucas. I was close to delivering a fatal blow when he teleported out of the way. I spun around quickly, then quickly leapt up to attack him once more. He was definitely using his powers to his advantage, though soon, I knew that he would tire.

And then I would finally take what I deserved.

I would rip the power from his body in one quick blow, and then, I would truly become the ruler of the world. Or maybe I wouldn't have to wait. I could always use my true power, instead of a small fraction of it, to kill him instantly. However, that wouldn't be anywhere near as how exciting it'd be the other way. I saw Lucas lunge for me, with his eyes glowing red. I smirked as I dodged his attack. He was getting really irritated at me, and that made me want to laugh with joy.

Lucas grew larger all of a sudden, and in seconds, he was looming above me. Lucas swatted me, sending me flying. However, I recovered quickly, and used some of my magic to force him back to his normal size. I saw Lucas sigh, then lunge again. I could tell in the way he was moving that he was beginning to tire. It wouldn't be long before I could attack him and crush his throat with my large and powerful paws. It would be a joyous sight to see the power leave him, and it would be even more satisfying to feel the power enter me.

I let out a battle cry, then ran straight at Lucas, knocking him over. While he was down, I raked claws across his side. Then, he recovered, and we resumed our usual strategy on trying to kill each other. We fought for what felt like was an hour, but was probably a much shorter time. Lucas was exhausted, from the looks of it, and it would soon be the perfect moment to strike.

Minutes later, when he didn't expect it, I pinned him down and bared my fangs. But for some reason, he didn't have fear in his eyes. Didn't he know that he was going to die? I aimed for his throat, and lunged for it when something stopped me. It was like there was a shield protecting him from me. What was he doing?

I was thrown off of him, and I watched with anger as he became more and more powerful. The power inside of me fought for its control, but I resisted. I'd let the power do whatever it wanted to do once Lucas was done. And when Lucas was finished changing, he looked different. His fur looked like somebody had covered him entirely in snow, and wings made of light were coming from his back. His mane was made of fire, which glowed brightly in the dark of night.

Once he was done, I let the power take control of me. After all, the power was more powerful using me then I was using it. The power was the one who knew how to eliminate an enemy. Death would soon come to Lucas, no matter how powerful he was. I would have to change to my mostly human form to become even more powerful. I focused on my other form, but nothing happened. I was trapped in lion form.

I shook my head to clear my mind of the thoughts. It didn't matter. It didn't matter! I'd still kill him! I'd kill them all! I imagined wings sprouting from my back, and they did. The wings were made of purely dark energy and dark magic, just like my soul was. An accurate representation of what was inside me. I flew up, meeting Lucas in the sky. We both glared at one another. So it was a fight in the air he wanted. Good thing that that was what he was getting.

I zipped forward as fast as I could, but I couldn't land a blow on Lucas. Was it possible that he was faster than me. No. It wasn't. I was the most powerful being in the entire world, and no relative of Moone was going to stop me. I was going to kill him, and I was going to make him bleed.

When he landed hits on me, I paid them no mind. Sure there was a bit of blood coming from me. That was a part of life, after all. But after about ten of those strong attacks, I lost my strength all of a sudden. I could hardly stay in the air. I was losing blood quickly, and eventually, I crashed onto the hard ground. I tried to stand and to finish him off, but I couldn't. I was losing my power. I was losing everything that I had worked for! I couldn't! The power needed to stay in me! How was I supposed to rule the world without magic or power?

I felt myself assuming a completely human form. No animal features at all. I was weak. And I felt weaker when I saw Lucas coming closer and closer. He was angry. Nothing would deter him from killing me. As he loomed over me, I felt tears well up. Lucas raised his paw, getting ready to strike.

I wanted to live.

I wanted to—