28

I grinned as I felt the thrill of the hunt in every fiber of my being. I was ready to kill Lucas, no matter how long it took. I could smell him in the air. He had been in the forest not to long ago. His scent was practically dumped onto the branches of the trees above. So he was a climber. I scoffed. If he really wanted to get me out of his life, he'd try to fight me. He'd fail, yes, but he didn't have to be a coward.

I let out an angry roar, challenging Lucas to come and fight me. I was far more powerful than him, and he wouldn't last a chance. Every part of me was ready, and I felt like a cobra; ready to strike at any moment. My body tingled with anticipation, and I needed to kill him. I would diminish his bloodline, and then there would be nobody in the way of my rule. Police? Like that would stop me. I was powerful; incredibly powerful. I could do magic before I even killed anybody. If that wasn't a sign of power, then what was? Then, I had killed hundreds of creatures. Their power was mine, and I was stronger because of that.

I felt my senses become sharper, and I sniffed the air again. He was above me, lurking in the trees. But I couldn't let him know that I knew. I needed the upper hand that he thought he had. I was going to lull that fool into a false sense of security, then I was going to strike. I pretended to start walking again, and when I focused, I could hear faint footsteps following me from above. He was going to attack from above, where I wouldn't have much a chance. Good thing I knew what he was up to.

When would be the right moment to strike? I could hardly restrain the urge. Power wanted to take control like the mighty, powerful beast it was. I restrained it as well as I could, though it was not my place to do so. Still, the power must've approved, because it complied. Probably because it acknowledged that patience was required. I kept walking, and Lucas walked above me. As a walked, however, the power in me began to grow impatient. I kept my jaws held together, and I was stiff as I tried to wait.

But, when I started to let my guard down, the power took control. It made my body lunge for Lucas, who quickly leapt down from the branch. He let out a roar, and I grinned a lionish grin. Finally, there was somebody who wasn't a coward! I had been waiting for an actual challenge, but my chance had arrived.

My power fueled me as I dashed after him. My paws would be right above him, ready to strike, and then he would be behind me. Teleportation. He was smarter than I thought. Still, it wouldn't be enough for him to defeat me. I wouldn't give up. Claws shredded up the dirt as I tried to make Lucas bleed. He would bleed, no doubt about it. My claws were sharpened to a deadly point, so cutting through his furry flesh wouldn't be a problem. My tail lashed angrily every time he teleported away, but the power kept me going.

Maybe I would have an advantage in my more human form. After all, it was easier to use my powers while in my more human form. Still, I would wait it out until I absolutely needed to do it. Claws slashed through mud as I spun around in wild pursuit of my prey. He would be the last step needed before I would be able to take control of the entire world. I was so powerful that I was godlike. Still, I had no idea how that inferior creature was able to evade me.

Though, I was only using a fraction of my true power. I could kill him instantly if need be. But why not have a little bit of fun with my prey before ending his life? I was the powerful wild cat, and he was the weak little mouse. A feeling of joy filled me when my claws raked across his side. He tried to attack me, but I gracefully dodged him. He really thought that he could kill me. The thought alone made me want to laugh at him. I was like a god, and he was like a peasant.

He may have had a small bit of power, but it wasn't much. At least, compared to mine, it wasn't much. I was so powerful that a sole drop of my blood contained enough power and enough magic to kill twenty adult men. It felt good to have power, because you knew that when you had enough, you'd be unstoppable. I needed the power from Lucas, because somehow, I knew that if I killed off his entire bloodline - which was incredibly powerful - I would become limitless. I would be more powerful than any god out there. I would control every aspect of the world, and everything would be the world I wanted.

I leapt onto Lucas again, trying to bite his neck and kill him. He threw me off, and I was sent flying backwards. How was he that strong? I shook my head, as if to shake the thoughts from my mind. It didn't matter. I'd still kill him. I'd kill them all! I'd kill anybody who got in my way, and if the entire world ticked me off, them I'd murder them all! I didn't care if the whole world burned. A world without people would be a great world. I'd get to see all those landmarks without people shoving and pushing and telling other people to eff off. I'd get to enjoy the beauty of the world with my parents, because they would be the only ones left alive.

But for that to happen, I needed to kill Lucas.