17

I walked among the streets, and nobody noticed my feline features. Sure, I did get some weird looks about the cloak, but of course the cloak looked suspicious. I kept trying to make eye contact with people, so that I could see the color of their eyes. Why was brown such a common eye color?

I continued to keep the hood of my cloak up, because chaos would begin if they knew of my power, and of what I can do. I hated having to hide it, I really did, but maybe someday, it wouldn't have to be like that. And maybe someday, I'd get to return home to my family. But only if I completed the task.

Nobody really wanted to make eye contact. Everybody was filled with the same message in their mind. 'Don't make eye contact, and engage in conversation'. I had never gotten why people did that. Seriously, would it hurt you to make eye contact at the very least? I used to make eye contact all the time during trips to the store, until my mom got angry at me and told me not to even look at anybody, and all because it was 'rude'.

Pushing thoughts of my childhood away, I picked up my pace, looking for a grey eyed man. I needed to do it quickly. I had the bag of poison in my hand, and all I needed to do was to administer it. But there seemed to be no grey eyed men anywhere. Making eye contact was difficult, as they just looked away as soon as I tried to look at their eyes, but when I finally did see the eyes of the people, it was often a disappointment. I had been searching for at least two hours before I decided to take a break.

I sat on a wooden bench, still on high alert for anybody who could have grey eyes. I also remained on high alert because you never knew what people could do. People were often untrustworthy, and you could see that in their eyes. You could also see their eye color by looking into their eyes, but there had to be no grey eyed men anywhere, didn't there?

Ten minutes later, I stood up, and began walking again. I saw many brown eyed people - too many to count - a few blue eyed people, and even somebody with greenish eyes. But no grey eyed men were around. Had Christina set it up for me as a trap so that I wouldn't end up going and trying to murder Moone? Probably not, but if she had, if would've been because she didn't see me as prepared. Well, even if the scenario in my mind wasn't true, I was still going to show her my strength.

I worked deep into the night, sleep pulling at my eyelids, and my mind fighting back against the urge for sleep. I wouldn't sleep till I found someone - a man - with grey eyes. There were fewer people out there at night, though it was still crowded.

I continued to hold the poison in my hands, waiting for the right person to use it on. I gave a groan out of frustration, angry that there weren't any grey eyed men. My hunt was going to fail if I couldn't do it. Still, I wouldn't give up on the hope of being able to kill Moone. He was safe and sound in that stupid little building of his until I came after him. I hated the fact that he was all safe and warm in there.

The next morning, I was tired, and my body was begging me for sleep. Still, I shut out the cries of protest that rang out with every single step I took. I had to do it. I needed to do it, because I needed revenge. Revenge was the one thing I craved, aside from sleep. But revenge was far more satisfying than sleep could ever be.

Finally, my luck turned around, and things started to get better. My eyes may have had bags under them, and I may have been yawning up a storm, but I finally found a man with grey eyes. Waking up immediately, like cold water to the face, I dove, pinning the grey eyed man against a wall. Then, I stood back, throwing the bag of liquid poison on him. The bag burst upon impact, covering him in the hi-lighter yellow substance. I watched with pure joy as his eyes lost their life and he slumped against the wall. I could hear the shouts of humans crying out, angry and cornered.

I took my kill elsewhere, dragging the body into the forest. I summoned a small stone blade, severing the head from the body. The face held an expression of pure fear. I laughed. He had faced his final moments with fear in his eyes. What an awful way to go. I began running through the forest, letting out a whoop of joy because I had done it. I was going to get to murder Moone, and then I'd be able to go home. I could escape the troubles I had faced and try to be normal again. I kind of missed being normal. But if somebody offered being human to me as of that instant, I would have refused. Revenge on Moone was my top priority.

I pulled down the hood of my cloak, letting myself feel free as I bounded through the forest. I knew just where I needed to go, and I could practically see Christina's expression once she knew. She would be so proud of me, and then she would let me go and attack Moone. Of course, I'd need sleep first, but after I slept, I'd go. I'd get revenge, and nobody would stop me from doing just that.

When I bounded into camp, Christina seemed pleased to see me. "I see that you had done what I asked. Very well. I will allow you to take your revenge on Moone."