Chapter 48

Chapter 48

~Skilar's POV~

When I heard the hint, I immediately closed my eyes and focused my concentration on my eyes. I felt them morph underneath the lids, and when I opened them the world around me was different. 

"Use your eyes," I said out loud even though I no longer saw my friends, the house, and the men. Suddenly everyone appeared around me, their eyes glowing yellow. 

I turned to look at the scene around me. The trees were now in full bloom and wooden cottages were surrounding us. Music and laughter filled the air as the smell of something roasting over a fire filled our sinuses. I began to follow the sounds and smells twisting and turns in between cottages, until I stumbled upon a few people who were gathered around the fire. However, something was wrong. There was nothing over the flame, but the scent of the meat was stronger than before. The loud noise of talk and laughter still echoed in the air yet only a few people sat around the fire and not a single word spilled from their lips. I walked closer towards them, they all stared into the flame that was slowly dying. 

"Who are you?" An older woman asked her hair pulled back into a tight bun all hidden under a bonnet. 

"Skilar, descendent of Alexandria and Alexia." I responded. 

"Are you sure about that? Your voice lacks the strength and command that dripped from the Alexandria I once knew." A man across the fire asked still not looking at me. 

"She doesn't know what she is nor what she is searching for." Another woman next to the man hissed.

"A pathetic fraud that Alexandria and Alexia would be ashamed to call their own." The older woman mocked. 

I could feel my anger building inside me, I squeezed my hands into tight fists so hard I could feel the blood dripping from them. How dare they insult me. 

"She isn't strong enough to even be prepared for what she is truly looking for, if she even lacks the confidence to ask for it." A man leaned against a cottage only feet from me said. 

I quickly turned looking for the support of my friends, yet they were gone. Not even their scent was there.

"Child, should be a better name for her. She is no warrior, no leader, no Alexandria." The older woman hissed as the man beside the younger woman spit on the ground. 

"Enough!" I yelled. I could feel Alexandria coming through me. 

"I am Skilar, the reincarnation of Alexandria and Alexia. The werewolf world's hero, the only one able to defeat the evil that threatens everything. Now you will give to me my army." I said anger and confidence leaking into my tone and saturating every word said. 

"Why should we gift a child with an army of Purehearts, when she can't even see the world around here for what it truly is?" The younger woman asked as she now stood still looking at the fire.

I yelled out that soon morphed into a growl that would scare anyone near who heard it. "I said give me the Pureheats."

"As you wish, but first you must see what we, they,  had to go through to get to here." The older woman said as she stood and the man stood and the one who was leaning against the cottage walked closer around the fire.

They reached out and took one another's hand, then they looked up at me. Suddenly, the world around me morphed into one of chaos, pain, and death. The four strangers now stared at me each with a wound, deadly to most. The older woman had her throat cut, but it was savagely  done, and when I studied it harder I discovered it hinted at the signs of teeth marks, more specifically vampires. The younger woman had a pike through her stomach and blood drenched her dress and the ground turning it into a deep red. The man who sat beside her held his mouth open but blood only came from it, and two gaping holes sat where his eyes should be. The other man's chest was cracked open the white bones bent and shatters, only the cavity of his chest was empty. He lifted his hands revealing a heart which sat in his palms. I quickly moved away from them. But when I turned I found a world in chaos and pain, people laid on the ground dead or dying.

People yelled out in pain and reached up to the skies as they begged anyone to end their pain. I felt my heart beat faster and anger build up in me, I wanted to punish who ever did this to them. Suddenly, a white wolf appeared off in the distance. "Come," something whispered as the wolf turned away from me. I quickly followed it until I had reached a cave carved into the side of a mountain. I tried to follow it in but I slipped on the wet stones. My head slammed into the rocks and my world went black. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright you guys, what did you think? I know this chapter was gross and graphic, I am so sorry if you aren't into that kind of stuff. What did you think of the four guardians? Do you think this is that last you'll see of them? I hope you are enjoying and I am SO SORRY for not updating in a ridiculous amount of time, aka I am a terrible person. I have just been so busy lately. I still hope you enjoyed and please vote, comment, and favorite!

Love ya!

XOXOXOXOX

~That_Gurl31~