Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Welcome Back

~ Skilar's POV~

Light flooded in the room hurting my eyes. I looked to the window and saw a figure sitting looking out into the world. I knew who it was. Becca.

She was wearing her same outfit but had a jacket that was way to big for her. She was completely zoned out.

Then I remembered what I had just seen with Alexandra and her warning and message. But it was all a secret.

"Becca." I said in a hush voice.

Her head snapped my way. She got up and sprinted over to me. She was crying and frantic.

"Oh Skilar. I thought I lost you guys!" She said wrapping me in a tight hug.

"Oh I'm sorry are you sore?" She said releasing me from her grasp.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"You got bit by a Dark Blood." She said motioning to my shoulder.

"No. Al-." I stopped myself remembering my promise.

"What?" She said wanting me to finish.

"All healed." I said removing the cover from my shoulder.

"Oh." She said.

Then we both heard a low groan. It was coming from the bed next to me.

Alyssa was in it. She had more wires attached to her than me.

She turned her head and looked at us.

"What ya staring at?" She said sarcastically.

"You're both awake!" Becca said taking bot of our hands.

"Well welcome back, sleepy-head." I said letting a smile spread across my face.

"How long have I been out?" Alyssa asked.

"You were both out for about two days." Becca said looking at us both and pulling a chair in between our beds.

"Woe. Why that long?" Alyssa asked trying to sit up but failing.

"The pack doc said that it was the Dark Blood venom, it slows down healing." Becca said.

We were silent remembering how close we were to losing our lives. Alyssa's head snapped up and she looked at me.

'Thank you... for...' She said moving her eyes away from me.

'Hey. No big deal.' I told her through our mind link.

She was obviously remembering how I had saved her life and almost paid with my own. It was probably eating away at her on the inside, but she was like a sister to me and I would do it again for them.

We sat there for a couple minutes, but it felt like forever, until Becca broke the silence.

"Oh my gosh! Guess what?!" Becca asked.

"What?" I asked wanting her to spit it out.

"I found my mate!" She squealed.

"That's great Becca!" Alyssa said.

"I am so happy for you!" I said looking at Becca, who had a huge smile on her face.

~

30 minutes later

~Skilar's POV~

We talked about Becca's mate, Trey. She sounded completely in love. Trey sounded like he was going to be a great mate for her.

Then we heard a thundering sound coming from the hallway outside. I realized that the noise were footsteps.

"They're here!" Becca said jumping up from her seat.

"What is that smell?" Alyssa said sniffing the air.

Then a tall male entered the room. He went straight to Becca wrapping her in his muscular arms. I assumed it was Trey.

Another male entered the room. He had short wavy, dark blonde hair with caramel eyes to match. He skin was lightly tanned with a couple scars here and there. He was staring right at Alyssa.

They HAD to be mates.

He probably felt her wake up through their mate bond, even though it was probably really weak since they haven't had the chance to complete it.

I hadn't noticed Becca and Trey were gone to who-knows-where.

I watched as he timidly walked to her. They both had a glazed, yet sparkling look in their eyes. He raised his hand to her face and touches it lightly. They both just smiled at one another as Alyssa take his hand with her's.

I knew it was probably time for me to leave. So I forced myself up and removed the covers from my body. I was still wearing the same outfit I ran in. My barefeet were chilled by the cold tile ground.

I made it to the doorway, I turned to look at my best friend and her mate. I envied her so much. I wanted, no needed, my mate. Then I left the two of them to be together alone.

I walked down the hall admiring the paintings on the wall. Then I saw it. A painting of a white wolf in front of the same waterfall I had seen so many years ago. I walked closer looking harder at it. It was her. It was Alexandra. Questions filled my head, confusing me.

I had to clear my head. I had to find a way outside.

I found a door and push it open. I stepped outside into a beautiful garden.

The scent of flowers filled my nose. The flowers mixed together and flowed around a stone path.

I followed the path into the garden. The sound of bees buzzing around and the grass swaying in breeze, was calming. Then I came up to a tree in the center that was blooming with white little flower. I sat under the tree taking in my surroundings.

"Welcome home, Skilar." I heard Alexandra's voice whisper to me.

A small smile spread across my face. I leaned my head back against the trunk.

Then I heard a heart beat...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! Oh my gosh Alyssa found her mate!!!! I hope you guys are loving this as much as me! Please excuse my grammar! Ok see ya later!!!

Please!!

Vote

Comment

Add to reading list

Fan

Pretty please!!

XOXO

Love ya!

~That_Gurl31~