Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Morning After

~Skilar's POV~

I woke up with Austin's warm body laying beside me. His eyes were still closed still relaxed. I loved seeing him relaxed and not all stressed out. I looked to his neck to see that my mark had scared over. Making it almost more noticeable than before and I loved that. Now everyone would know that he was mine and only mine. I lifted my hand and ran it over his mark on my neck. It had also scared over but the spot was still tender to touch.

I watched as Austin's eyes slowly opened. They looked around the room and them focused down on me. He smiled when he saw me watching. He picked his hand up running it over my hair.

"Did I wake you?" I asked.

"Yes, but you didn't mean too." He said grinning at me.

"How did I? I was so careful." I said confused.

"We are officially connected I could hear all of your thoughts while you watched me sleep." He said his smile getting larger.

"Oh... I am sorry... I forgot." I said looking away from embarrassment.

"Hey, you're fine. I am gonna have to get use to it too." He said.

Austin began to sit up. As he did the sheets fell from his chest showing his perfectly shaped torso. I felt my wolf purr at his perfection. Suddenly, Austin turned around one eyebrow up.

"I heard that." He said as he began to walk away.

I bit my lip and buried my face in a pillow. I heard his deep laugh and then the bathroom door shut. I looked up to see Austin no longer there. I sat up pulling the sheets up with me covering me. Suddenly, the door open again and Austin was wearing a pair of black basketball shorts and a red cut off sleeve muscle shirt sending shivers up and down my body. He smiled probably feeling my reaction.

He came over kissing me on the cheek.

"See ya later. Alpha, wants to talk with me." He said as he walked out.

I smiled to myself. I had the perfect mate I didn't care what anyone said.

I got up taking the sheets with me to the bathroom. I slipped on a thin athletic v-neck and underarmour yoga pants. As I walked to the top of the stairs the smell of bacon and pancakes hit my nose. I made my way down the stairs I could hear the giggles of my friends and the sound of utensils hitting plates and pans.

"There she is." Alyssa said before I even turned the corner.

They were both looking at me with the happiest faces I have ever seen. Alyssa had her curly light brown hair pulled up into a messy bun. She wore a tank top, I followed the neckline to find a mark on her neck. Jake's mark.

I looked over to Becca had her hair pulled back into a fish tail braid. Her neck also showed the signs of a mark. Trey's mark.

"Nice." I said smiling at them both.

"Hey, looks like you got one too." Becca said putting the last pancake on the pile building on the plate.

"What can I say." I said sarcastically winking at my friends.

We all busted out laughing at each other. We all dove into the food that had been taunting us.

"So why did the boys leave so early?" Becca said as she finished chewing on a piece of bacon.

"Austin said Alpha wanted to speak to them." I said as a washed my food down with orange juice.

" 'Bout what?" Alyssa asked.

"I don't know, but he wasn't worried." I said looking down at my plate.

"How do you know he wasn't worried?" Alyssa said lifting one of her eyebrows.

"I didn't feel it." I said letting a little grin slip.

"Ahhh!" Becca shrieked.

"What?" I asked surprised.

"She just wanted to hear you say." Alyssa said.

"Really?" I asked Becca.

"Yeah, isn't it awesome being connected to them." Becca said spinning in her barstool.

"Yeah. It is." I said thinking to myself also. It was great finally having that feeling you always heard your parents talking about. Someone you knew you were always connected to someone.

Together we cleaned up Becca's cooking mess. We all sat in the living room, each giving small but not revealing details of our night.

Suddenly, Alyssa stopped talking looking at the door. It flew open. Jake stood there out of breath.

"You have to come with me now, all of you." He said sucking in air between every word.

We all got up and followed Jake outside. Everything in me scared me. I hadn't felt anything from Austin. Maybe something was wrong with our bond? What if I missed something? What of Austin was hurt or dying and I didn't feel it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hoped you liked it! I know this one was short too, but I wanted in the book! Keep reading please and keep on voting and commenting! I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done! Also check out my other books too!

Love ya!

XOXO

~That_Gurl31~