Chapter 5. Embarrassment

I raced home. I couldn't stop from feeling the rush of embarrassment reaching my cheeks. Niall Horan was just holding my hand and I just blew him off. That's insane! I didn't know what to tell my Mom. As soon as I walk into the hotel doors I see her in the lobby.

"Mom what are you doing"? She comes over and gives me a hug,

"I'm going out for a bit to shop for dinner I will be back in about a hour or so, there's a few snacks in the pantry if you get too hungry". I say ok and walk back up to the hotel room. I run over to my giant bed and plop into it with a thud. I let out a long sigh and close my eyes for awhile. I can feel myself getting ready to go to sleep as soon as my phone rings right in my ear and I jolt awake. It's Madison.

"Hey wha-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before Madi started screeching into the phone like a bird or something.

"HOLY FREAKIN CRAP LACIE! YOU HELD NIALL HORANS HAND! YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! AHHHHH"! Madison goes on for about another five minutes before I stop her.

"Wait how did you even find out about that Madi"? She pauses and then screams again

"IT'S ALL OVER THE NEWS, WORD SPREADS FAST GIRLY. It's like that one time when Anna had a full on make out seen with Jacob in the locker room and the whole High school new about it in like 2 minutes! Or like that one time when we went to that party last year and everyone started posting pictures as soon as it was over. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME CHIKA, THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THAT YOU FELL AND NIALL HORAN HELPED YOU UP! It's even on youtube"! I can not believe what I'm hearing. I'm so embarrassed, why am I so stupid. Madi continues to ramble on about pointless things and she adds a few screams in every so often. I stop her before she say anymore.

"Look I need to go. Thanks for calling me. I would have found out sooner or later anyway. I'll talk to you later....bye". Madison doesn't hang up right away or say anything for the longest time but I know she can feel my emotion even though the phone. She finally responds

"Ok but be safe, I know your upset but it's really not that big of a deal. It will blow by like a breeze, you'll see" then she hangs up. I put my phone on the desk beside the bed. I only wish Derek was here. He would understand, he always understood. Our relationship was special, I miss him all the time. In the past guys wouldn't treat me right, they would hit me or make fun of me or just hurt my feelings, but then I met Derek and everything bad I have ever felt just melted away. Almost like nothing bad ever happened to me. I want him beside me right now, I need him beside me. I start feeling tears stab at my eyes, forcing me to let them out. I accept their request and they pour down my face like the never ending rain falls in the jungle. I curl my body into a cocoon and hug the pillow beside me tightly. I let myself lay there for the longest time before I go to sleep, not even waiting for my Mom to get home with dinner.

Sorry this chapter was a bit short but the next one will be longer. Please let more people know about my story, SPREAD THE WORD LOL! I love you. Please don't copy or steal my story I work too hard on them for all my work to just be stolen or taken away. Xoxo Ash :)