Chapter 13. It's going to be ok.

Niall held me so close I didn't know I ever needed to let go. After I told him everything and the way he was there for me was just amazing.

I can't believe how close me and him got. It's only been a little over a week since I met him and I feel like it's been years. The question is why? Why do I feel this way. I never even felt this close to Derek after the first week of dating him! So why do I feel this overwhelming comfort around Niall? Why does he make me so happy? I don't know what I should do anymore. All I know is that my life has turned completely upside down since I met the famous Niall Horan.

"And there is no way some crazy guy is going to hurt you ever. I'm always going to be right by your side and when they catch that sick person I want to speak with him personally. I'll tell him how much of a psychopath he is for killing an innocent girls boyfriend."

I snapped out of my train of thought and focused on him. He was talking but I had zoned out for the first half. I had been day dreaming about him!?

"Well thanks Niall I'm really glad you understand my whole ordeal. I just wanted you to know that I have a lot of shit going on in my life and it's been so hard to deal with. I miss Derek every day and I just don't know if he would want me to move on or not. I'm so complicated." I sigh and sit on the couch across from Niall. He doesn't look sad anymore, his tears along with mine have dried away leaving a sticky feeling to our face. I'm used to it though. That sticky feeling. It's left on my face every time I cry.

"Lacie I need to tell you something and it's going to sound dumb and a little crazy but I just love hanging out with you and being with you. I want to protect you and just hold your hand and hug you. I just want you to know that I like you a lot and I'm willing to help you get though all your problems. I'm really sorry about Derek. Really I am. I know they will find his murderer, it just might take a little tracking down that's all love." Niall stops and looks me straight in the eyes and I swear I though I could have kissed him. Instead I just looked down and smiled. What really could I say? He was so good with words and I was a fumbling mess of "Um's" and "Uh's". I only rested my head against his forehead, leaning close to him and smiled on his nose. His laughter was contagious and soon we were both cackling like crazy people. I don't know how he does it but I always feel better when in around him.

"So about that dance, are we going as friends or-" I hush him by kissing his cheek softly. It was a thank you to him for understanding and not running off. Not ignoring me. Not hating me but loving me. Not being rude and not leaving me alone with only my thoughts of Derek.

For the first time in my life since Derek left I feel happy, utterly and purely happy. Maybe he would want me to move on. I know if I was up there looking down on Derek always being sad and crying, I wouldn't like it too much. If I was the one dead instead of him, I would want him to move on and live his life fully. With joy and contentment. I think I can feel him smiling down on me. He is finally happy and so am I.

"We can go as friends, for now." I smile as I speak letting him know everything is ok.

"Alright, friends." He smiles back and butterflies fill my stomach. I thought those silly things were dead for good but here they are, making my gut tickle and face burn red.

For a moment I want to kiss him, it's the same thought I have had ever since our talk was over. To cup his lips with mine and run my fingers through his thick blond hair but I contain myself.

"So now that everything settled here, what do you want to do today?" I giggle and Niall stands up, straightening his shirt with his hands.

"Well me and the boys were going bowling after lunch. Care to join?" I haven't been bowling in forever so why not go. It's fun. I need fun, I've been craving it for the longest time. It will be good to go.

"Sure! I should probably go home to get ready. When are the boys coming over?" I stand up as well while Niall starts to speak.

"In a couple of hours and if you need to take a shower, I have one." I blush like crazy and I know he must have noticed because he starts laughing loudly.

I quickly make up an excuse why I need to leave and shower at my place. "Well as much as I would love to stay, I need to go home and tell my Mom anyway before I leave. I also have all my make up there and I'm not going in public without any make up on." He sighs at me.

"You're just making up lies, but if you feel you need to go back to get ready that's fine. Also if you wear any make up I'm gunna wipe it right off your face. You're too beautiful for that stuff." Niall walks forward pulling me into a long good bye hug as I bury my face in his shoulder. I can feel my skin raise as Niall rubs my back before breaking the hug, pulling me away from him by my hips.

"I'll see you soon. Text me if you need anything." I say before walking out the door,leaving Niall in the empty room with his thoughts about me. I think I could really get to like this boy.

//HOLY COW DID THAT ALL REALLY JUST HAPPEN OMG! I know the chapters have been a little blaa lately but I kinda like this one idk. I promise I extra long chapter next time! 2 votes and 2 comments for the next chapter! I love you all! Please don't steal or copy my story, it's all my idea. Xoxo Ash :)