Chapter 10. Trip

Niall and I were the first to arrive at the hotel and he dragged me straight to his room. He seemed eager about something but I had not a clue what it was. When I saw his room I figured it out, it was spotless, everything looked perfect, even the bed! There was no food or trash lying around everywhere like usual. My jaw flung open and I let it hang,

"did Niall Horan actually clean his room!" He punches me in the shoulder playfully.

"Why yes I did clean me room and the lads helped too" he says in that breath taking accent. I laugh and plop into the couch just as Niall's phone rings, he walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge while he talks, pulling out a bowl of mixed fruit and ice cream. "Ok well I'll ask her" I over hear him says into the phone. The next thing I hear is him calling my name "Lucie, do you want Nandos?" I have no idea what he's talking about, "I don't even know what Nandos is Niall?" He looks at me with wide eyes almost ready to bulge out of that blond head of his. "Ok Harry just get her my usual but half the size. Yea, haha ok bye love you too Hazza!" I know that Niall has stopped talking and he walks into the living room with the bowl of fruit.

"There ya go my love, I made it me self." He sets the large, clear, bowl right on a table in front of my feet.

"Thanks" I say and give him a small hug as I stuff a few grapes into my mouth. I can feel his hot breath trickle against my neck as he pulls away. Niall takes a apple slice and dips it in ice cream.

"So what are we planing to do today" I ask sort of awkwardly. His smile asking the same question "we're gunna have fun, I promise" I make my self even more comfortable in the couch and put my feet on the table in front of me. "That's great" I pick up another grape and eat it.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Hurry up Lacie" Niall laughs at me from across the room, "we need to get going." Niall's idea of fun is taking me on a, so called, tour of London. He said I deserve the best seat in the house, we're going out so he can show me around. I rush to grab my purse and phone. I already went to my house to change out of my pajamas and into something more appropriate. I was wearing a white lace top with a white bandeau underneath, paired with my favorite ripped Hollister shorts and some brown leather flip-flops. I quickly took the time to curl my hair as well before we left. I had already said good bye to my Mom before I went back to Niall's, surprisingly she didn't seem too aggravated about it. She just simply told me to be back by 10:00. Easy peasy.

We drove forever until we came to a hill in the middle of nowhere. "Niall are you sure this is the right place, you might have got lost. I don't even have signal on my phone anymore." He just kept smiling and driving, Niall blasted some music and started to jam out. Whipping his head back and forth and tapping this feet to the rhythm.

"What song is this?" I ask him before we parked in a forested area.

"A good one! Follow me" he laughs and jumps out of the car motioning for me to follow.

I have no idea what he's doing but I follow him anyway. Keeping a steady pace behind his fast one. It seems to only get even more beautiful as we make our way deeper into the sparkling, green forest. Niall comes to a quick halt before I can gaze at anymore of the beauty of this place. "Almost there" he smiles and makes a left turn I follow right behind, wondering where we are. We walk for about another 5 minutes before I see tall bushes of grass and dragonflies. "This way" Niall grabs my hand and takes me closer to the bushes, the air was filled with moisture, I could feel it every time I heaved in a breathe. "We're here, look" he smiles and sits on a large log positioned right in front of the strange, tall grass. Niall sits me down and parts a hole in the middle of the grassy bushes so I can see through, it's was amazing. By far the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. A crystal clear blue pond, almost the same color as Niall eyes, beholds me. I see fish of every color swimming around happily, frogs croak from across the small bay and bugs of every kind fly around the sky. It's so pretty. "Do you like it" I here Niall say from the corner of my ear. "I-it's amazing, Niall how did you find this place?"

He let's go of my hand and begins to answer me "well when me and the boys were driving around one day we came up this hill. Actually we mostly just got lost" he blushes a tad but continues "we really weren't looking for anything besides a way back home until we found this place. It was so enchanting, it just made us want to stay. We like to come up here and just relax, we get a lot of our song inspiration from here. I'm the one who comes up here the most though, it's nice to get away from the crazy life I live, even for just a little bit." I'm so shocked to even speak, I had no idea Niall was this down to earth. He has a beautiful personality but I can't like him, I just can't let myself fall. Not after everything happened with Derek.

"That's amazing Niall, it's stunning up here. Like a parallel universe almost."

"I know." He turns to me and we lock eyes, only for a second before I turn around to sit more comfortable on the log. I admire the place, taking in all of it's smells and noises. Such a crazy thing. Such a beautiful place.

"What's your favorite thing to do"

I almost don't even hear Niall speaking to me as I turn around to face him again. Looking deep into his piercing blue eyes I finally answer.

"What do you mean?"

Niall raises his eyebrow then speaks "I just want to learn more about you, just tell me everything about you." He grins and scoots closer to me.

I study him for a minute, thinking of what to say. "Ok" I respond with a smile. This is probably the craziest thing I have ever done.

"Well" I start off shyly "I'm obviously 17, I lived in California with my Mom but my older sister is in college. I'm only staying in London with my Mom until I'm 18 then I can get my own place somewhere here. I'm not that interesting. Just an open book I guess. I'm not exactly a normal girl either, I got a past." My eyes start to burn and a large sweltering lump of sadness forms in my throat as I remember Derek. Niall looks unfazed, he lightly touches my shoulder asking for permission, I let him and he slings his arm over it and pulls me close.

"Good to know, Lacie everyone has a past. How else would we be where we are today without one. Sometimes pasts are not good but that's ok. We can make something good out of them. Trust me it's ok love." Niall takes a deep breath of air and fills his lungs. He hesitates then speaks again "do you mind telling me what exactly your past is?"

I can't tell him. I just can't. "I can't tell you, I'm so sorry" I get up off the log slowly and Niall takes his arm off of me as well.

"That's ok I understand, my past is not perfect either. Just give it time that's all." As soon as he finished talking his phone buzzed loudly.

"Who's that?" I ask curiously not wanting to sound rude.

He shoves his phone in his pocket "it's Harry he is at the pad with our Nandos. We should go back I'm starving." I still have no idea what Nandos is but I'm guessing it's some kind of food because he said he was hungry.

"Alright off we go then" I laugh and Niall does too.

We slowly walk back to the car, taking the whole way there. He tells me about his life and everything. I tell him as much about me as I can, not mentioning Derek at all. I wasn't ready to tell him about Derek anyway. I didn't want to start crying. Soon enough we made it back to his car and hopped in quickly. The blaring sun was descending by the minute and as we drove back to Niall's pad, the only thing that was left of the sunset was a pasty grey sky. We drove and listened to music. I would see the boy in the corner of my eye, every now and then. It made me smile. I could see Niall now, I saw his personality and I liked it. I wish my life wasn't so complicated. Everything would be easier if I didn't hold myself responsible for Derek's death.

Guess what, I love you so much please keep reading my book and also I just released a new one called The odd occurrences of Wampanoag Falls. If you read it that would be amazing. Thanks for all you continuos support. Please spread the word about my wattpad books. Don't steal or copy any of my ideas or stories, they are all made up by me. Xoxo Ash :)