Mare

Maven stands me in front of the crowd. Fear and courage corse through me, my stomach burns and my head is held high. I think he is going to kill me, like I did his mother. But he waits, he clears his throat, "my people, this is the murderer of our kind, the supporter of the lowly Reds, and the leader of the cursed rebellion." he stopped for a brief moment.He is making this up as he goes along. He looked down at me briefly them back up, "this retched girl will be punished, we will wring out all the life in her. A demonstration must be made to show the Reds that we are in control, now and forever."

An applause erupted in the crowd bellow Silvers shouting, cheering, and waving their signs above their head. 

Maven didn't take a long time to relish in his victory. He quickly turned back and lead me into his palace. I rather die than be with him any longer, but the thought Cal and Kilorn keep me going. My heart was healing but now it's ripped to shreds. 

"Mare, did you kill my mother?"

I knew what I had to do to stay alive, his mother couldn't read my mind now, I was free to lie. I had to lie, for Cal, for Kilorn, "no, my brother Shade did." He is the only one who can't be affected, or killed, "he is dead."

"Okay, Mare, you are no longer Mare, you are Susanna. You are Evangeline's cousin, you were raised in a distant village to the south, far, far away from here."

"You WILL be participating in the Queenestrial (AHH I spelled it wrong I know)"

Maven may be heartless but... 

Red maids rush in, they carry white powder and deep cherry gel. They instantly go to work on me. 

After, I was rushed to the stadium. Before Maven left, he warned me, "If you don't win in the Queenestrial you will die."