Zeal

At the hospital..

"Tao-yah~ Stay strong.."
Suho muttered under his breath,unpretentiously.The said ravenette was taken into the Intensive care unit a few hours ago and there had been no response since.The boys were tense and at the verge of breaking down,and Kris had left the hospital and was nowhere to be found.
Suho could feel the anxiety kicking in.Deep breaths were followed with stifled cries as he gathered up his last bit of strength and said ,

"Guys.Ya'll go find Kris.I can handle this"

Being the responsible leader he is,he wanted to know.He wanted to make the situation easy for them...but he just couldn't.He didn't have any confidence in himself,hell,he didn't even know what happened before they had to witness tao's lifeless body laying on the shore.Now kris was gone,Tao's struggling with his life......and what about Kyungsoo and Jongin? God knows where they had run off to.

Suho was engulfed in his troubled sentiments to the point that he didn't realize that all the boys have left.He looked around to find no living soul instead of himself in the near vicinity.He sighed as he pulled his knees closer to himself and hugged them as he took out his phone.

9.45 PM

It had been five hours,and still no response.He muttered a silent prayer and closed his eyes....hoping for the best.

"Mr Kim Joonmyeon....the doctor wants to have a word with you"
Suho woke up with a start,hearing that the doctor wants to speak to him about tao's condition.He thanked the gods and quickly shuffled into the ward,only to see the doctor staring at him with a worried expression scribed on his face.

"Uh....Joonmyeon-ssi.We did our best,but Tao is loosing a lot of blood.He has gone through several internal injuries and a few abrasions...but the worst part is that four valves in his heart have stopped working.We still can't find out how that happened,but we're proceeding with further scans.It would be better if we could do a computed tomography to see whether his arteries are damaged too....and for that we would want your consent"

"Do anything you want....just make him live" Suho said vigilantly.What had happened to cause so much injuries? He felt his eyes burning.He was angry...yet lugubrius at the same time.

"Don't worry Joonmyeon-ssi.We're doing our best"The doctor said as he handed the forms for Suho to fill,half heartedly.

"KRIS HYUNG!!"

The mere intonation...
Filled with woe and sorrow
As they pry for the spark..

In a blazing fire...Only to be battered by the flames of mortality.

They cry,they weep...
They have lost it all
They have lost what they cherish,
The Zeal that bonds all...

2.00 AM

Suho sat patiently beside Tao.The latter hadn't even slept a wink that night,contemplating on the numerous thoughts that were going through his mind.He glances around the ward,half expecting nobody to be there,yet yearning for some kind of company,only to find a sleeping lay huddled up in a corner.

"Lay-ah~ Did you guys find Kris hyung?" Suho asked calmly.He didn't want to startle the boy,but as he extended an arm to smoothen the said male's dishevelled bangs,lay woke up with a start.
"Ah jinjja hyung...you look so scary in the night~" Lay slurred,clearly drunk in a daze of sleep.

"Umm...cough Sorry cough I startled you.Now answer my question;"

"Uhh..I'm not sure hyung....Chanyeol,Chen and Baekhyunnie weren't with us, and while Lu-ge and the rest of us were searching,I didn't fell very well....So they asked me to go back here with Sehunnie.As for him,he was crying all along and hugging onto Lu-ge...so I decided to bring him back."

Suho couldn't quite get this registered in his mind."Then where is Sehun now?"

Lay emitted a fake laugh

"Oh you know...that kid is dripping with aegyo.It wouldn't be a wonder if I say that he used his 'Praisable' Aegyo skills and very annoying bawling to get himself his own room.....and the worst thing is,THEY FOUND HIM CUTE,but not me!!...but am I cute or---whatever.How's Tao now?"

Suho sighed as he struggled to keep up with the unicorn's excessively small attention span.No matter what,that little unicorn made his spirits go up with his cute words and awestriking stupidity.

"He's a fighter...I know he will be fine"