S I X

"Ok, if I make it you have to..." I look around his room for something to take but I didn't really want any of it. So I pick something I've never tried before. "Take me on a date.

"Or we could just play strip basketball." He suggests.

"Or you could just take me on the date. You ain't slick."

"Aight, whatever. You're gonna miss anyways."

"Oh really?" I throw the balled up paper and it makes it in. "Ha"

"Nice." He complimented. "Where you wanna go?"

"I don't know."

"Great, it'll be a surprise."

"Yay. Now break is over back to homework."

"Aw," Dawaun whined but opened his textbook to the lesson we were reviewing. He gets it, but not as fast as the teacher wants him to. When its broken down and he gets to ask questions without feeling slow, he can comprehend everything.

"I gotta use the bathroom. So do the homework by yourself."

"Alright. Down the hall to the left."

So I've been here for about two and a half hours and its real close to dinner time. I'm starting to get hungry, I think imma go home soon.

Talking to myself, ignore it.

But to talk about a more relevant subject, Dawaun is real cool, smart and really cute. I'm starting to feel him alot. You could say I like him, but it's different. But I think I'm starting to like different.

I stand there for a little while longer until my stomach growls and I remember I'm hungry.

"Finished Miss Brooklynn!" Dawaun hollers from his room.

"Great, can you take me home now? I'm getting hungry."

"No problem but you not gonna check it?"

"Nope! Thats the teachers job."

"Aight. Okay let's go then before my mom gets back."

"Ok." I get my stuff from his room and go out to his car.

*Two months later*

I finish up my makeup and grab my purse Emella and Perila invited me to this teen club. They just wanna see whats happening between me and Dawaun because we hang out so much. Nothing really except maybe one kiss.

"Just stay, Booklane." Dawaun had slurred. Alcohol reeked on his breathe and clothes.

"No, I'm leaving. You're drunk Dawaun." I insisted. He hadn't been to school that day so I went to his house to check on him. I learned that he just skipped school and has been drinking all day. He was so drunk and I can't deal with alcoholics.

"Baby, I want you." He said as he leaned on me and he was so heavy I couldn't move.

"You can't have me, not like this." I shoved him to the floor and stormed out of his room.

"But wait!" I stopped but before I could turn around Dawaun had swung me around, pinned me against the wall and kissed me so hard I lost my breath. Next thing I knew I was grabbing at his clothes. It was the sweetest kiss I'd ever had aside from the alcohol taste.

"I have to go." I pulled away from him and hurried towards the door.

"Wait Brooklynn," He said sounding more sober than before. "Will you come back?" He asked in the saddest voice I ever heard.

I thought about it for a minute. I didn't wanna leave him, but if he wasn't gonna stop drinking, I had to. But I wanted him to stop drinking. I still gotta think about this.

"Anything is possible."