T E N

Sorry about that little outburst a few days ago, I just hate fake people. But we not gone go there right now.

So I'm sitting on the couch with Aala and we're watching Family Fued, although I'm not really paying attenion. I'm thinking about my date with Makenzie yesterday. She arrived late, but I let it slide. We went to see a movie, a romantic comedy. I wasn't really interested except for the one funny part. After that we went roller skating and I can't roller skate. Kenzie tried to teach me but I still don't know how. I almost made her fall a few times and one time I actually did fall.

"Don't let go Kenzie" I begged her.

"I won't I promise." She said. I ad agreed to go around the rink once with her before we left.

"I think I'm slipping Kenzie! I'm gonna fall!" I screamed.

"No you're not drama queen, I got you."

I was so busy trying not to fall, I ended up falling and brought Kenzie down with me too.

"Well look at what you did there, we're both down now." She complained.

"i'm sorry, I ain't mean to make you fall," I apologized "I just didn't wanna fall."

"Its okay Brook, lets go. I think you've had enough of rollerskating." She sighed as she got up then helped me up.

After we returned our skates she asked me if I wanted to try something new. I glanced at my phone, it had only been 10:30 so I said sure. So we went back to the car and she pulled something out of the glove compartment, it looked like a small plastic bag with something in it. then she pulls out two pieces of paper.

"No!" I almost yelled.

"No what? You said you wanted to try something new Brook."

"But not that. What's wrong witchu? Thats illegal."

"Relax Brook, it won't hurt or casue any internal damage or nothing girl. Loosen up. Just hit it once."

"Nope, I don't think so."

"Just try it."

"We could go to jail and I'm pretty sure my aunt won't come bail me out!"

"We won't get caught and if we do I'll beg my parents to bail you out too."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely positive."

"Alright fine just one hit."

"Go ahead."

And so we sat there for about twenty minutes of 'puff, puff, pass' then I said "Alright drive me home. I don't want you driving me home all high and shit."

"Okay baby, lets go."

So we got to my house and we ended up hitting the blunt a few more times before I went in.

"Okay time for me to go go go hahahaha." I was so high by that point I barely made it inside without an injury. But no matter how high I was, I made sure I prayed for that girl before I knocked out. I didn't wanna mourn a fouth time in my life.

A loud rinf brings me back to reality, my doorbell. Whoever  is rings it again.

"I'm coming!" Its early, too early to be yelling. When I open the door, this nigga scares the hell out of me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOK!" Dawaun shouts.

"Boy you scared the hell outta me."

"OH, no thank you? Who knew turning 16 could make a beautiful young lady turn bitter and rude?"

"I'm sorry, you just scared me! Thank you so much, come in."

"Did your aunt remember?" Dawaun asks as he coms in and takes a seat on the couch, "Why are you watching this?"

I look at the T.V and some show I've never heard is on. "Oh it went off, I was watching Family FUed of course," I explain. "And I don't know if she got me something but fo you want something to eat?"

"Sure but wouldn't that be messed up? Your aunt forgot?"

I walk into the kitchen to get him some juice and see a card, a ballon and cake on the table. I read the card. The front simply says:

To my special niece on her special day

And the inside reads:

Dear baby girl Brook,

I know God has put you through it in the past but you've survived. You've become a beautiful young lady and I'm sure your Momma and Daddy would be very proud od what you have become. Keep your head up Gorgeous,

Love, Auntie

And The Cake is a light purple, kind of lilac color and pink border that reads our favorite quote from our favorite movie:

Brooklynn,

You is Kind

You is Smart

You is Important

Happy Sweet 16 Baby Girl

And the Balloon is also a lilac color with white words that say: 16 Sweet Wishes

"Ah, Dawaun I don;t think my Aunt forgot. She's the sweetest bestest Aunt you could ever ask for." I shout to him.

"What she do?"

"Come see."

Dawaun comes in the kitchen and sees what she left me. "Aw she is so sweet," He reaches in the fridge "And so is this Kool-Aid."

"Dawaun you are a clown!" I whine then hit him on the arm. He laughs at my soft little hit, knowing damn well I can hit harder. I beat his exes ass.

"Well Birthday girl, whatcha wanna do?"

"I don't know, just sit here and watch T.V. that's all."

"That's all? We can have cake too right?"

"Of course we can." I laugh and cut him a piece as well as a piece for me. Then we go back into the living room and turn to  the movies channel. So I sit there eating cake, laughing my butt off at Tracy Morgan in First Sunday, withmy best friend for my birthday