O N E

It all started with alcohol. If that pilot had not gotten drunk before flying the plane that was suppose to be bringing my mother back into the United States, I wouldn't have to move. I wouldn't have to make "new friends".

Let me introduce myself. My name is Brooklynn Williams. My hometown is Buffalo, New York. I lived with my mother and puppy Aala-Lyzel in a one-story house. I'm an A student and I used to volunteer in my community. I still do things an average teen would do. Party, chill with my friends and watch 106 & Park. Even cussed around my mom.

My mother was like my sister except she loved to travel, I don't. She picked up this new traveling habit after my father passed. She hasn't been the same since.

My yorkie puppy Aala-Lyzel. Her name is very different and I love that. She's my bestfriend. Aala listens, comforts me and knows exactly what to do when I'm upset. I think she could hold a converstaion with me if she could talk.

We three girls were living happily in Buffalo. Until that airplane crashed burned my desire to live.

My mother was just off to Rio for a three week trip, one of the shortest trips she's been on! She couldn't find anyone to watch me even though I told her a million and one times I'm 15, I can handle it, so she called to check in more often than usual. Three days before her return she decided to do one last check in call.

"Hey Brook, hows it going?"

"Fine Ma, I told you I got this."

"Well I'm glad you're safe and I pressume you're behaving."

"Ma I don't have time to throw a party, smoke weed or have sex." I assured her.

"Of course you don't baby." She replied souning a bit sarcastic.

"Aala really misses your ice cream, she won't stop barking at me. One time I thought she was going to bust one of her lungs she was barking so loud." I chuckled.

"Oh how cute. I'll be sure to make her a big tub of it when get back." I could feel her smile through the phone, I felt warm.

"Alright Ma, I have to finish this book report. We can talk some more when you get back."

"Ok Brook baby, I'll see you when I get home."

"See ya mom." I hung up. Then four days later I get a call saying I have to go down the city morgue to identify my mother's body. Next, I'm on a plane to Atlanta, Georgia. When I get off the plane, I just lose it.