N I N E

Dawaun and I are on our way to the mall. My birthday is one week away! Suit & Tie comes on the radio and we bust out singing.

I can't wait til I get you on the floor good looking

Going out so hot just like a oven

Burned myself I just had to touch it

It's so fly and it's all mine

We don't mind all the watching

Cause if ya study close, real close you might learn something

She ain't nothing but a little doozy when she does it

And she's so fly tonight

We pulled up to a red light. I looked out the window and seen this real fine, I mean fat ass and all, girl.

"Baby got fixed up to the nine," I sang as I pointed to her. He bust out laughing.

"True"

"Right." I know what your thinking but no I'm still undecided, "GO boy, the light turned."

"Oh, my bad" He hit the gas. A few minutes later we pull into a parking space.

"Where you tryna go? Cause I'm tryna hit up Aeropostale, Old Navy and Foot Locker." Dawaun ask as we get out the car.

"Umm, I was tryna look in Abercrombie & Fitch, Gap, H&M and Payless."

"Aight, well lets just start at this end and go through all of those stores."

"Ok. Lets Go."

We stumble out of Old Navy and almost fall because we were laughing so hard.

"Ok, you did not just put that dress on. Oh My Gosh I should've taken a piture. Better yet a video of you modeling it." I bust out laughing some more. While I was trying on shorts in Old Navy Dawaun was trying on his clothes. When I took my last pair of jeans off and came out looking for him he shouted put "One more thing." and catwalked out of the dressing room in this multi-colored sundress. It was hilarious.

"Yes I did."

"I can't deal with you."

"Yes you can. Look there's Payless shoes. Come on." Dawaun drags me towards the store. When we get in there the saleslady greet us, "Welcome to Payless. Can I help you?"

"Hi and uh, yes you can help me. Where can I find, uhh your number?" I ask with a smirk. She giggles and Dawaun shakes his head.

"You're funny, what's your name?" She asks.

"Brooklynn, and yours?"

"Makenzie but you can call me Kenzie."

"And you can call me Brook." I say. Dawaun coughs, I guess he's uncomfortable with me flirting.

"Oh yea, this is my bestfriend Dawaun."

"How ya doing?" He streches out his hand to shake hers.

"Fine. Nice to meet to you." She reaches out to take his hand. He kisses her hand and she giggles.

"The pleasures all mine." She giggles again, I roll my eyes.

"Well if I'm the only reason yall came here.." She starts to say.

"Oh no, I did actually want some new sneakers. Size 8, could you help me please?"I ask.

"I sure can, right this way" She says as she leads me towards the aisle with my size in it.

Approximately 25 minutes later, I finally find these nice, orange and sparkly silver converse heels, "Wonderful choice." Kenzie says. She also slide me her number under my receipt. All that flirting paid off.

After we left the mall, Dawaun took me home because I told him I wanted to take a nap instead of ging to a movie. When I got in the House I put my newly bought items away and then took my nap, I was really tired. When I woke up, I dialed Makenzie's number and listen to the ring of the phone while I wait.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hi, is this Makenzie?"

"Yeah, Brooklynn!" She sounded real hype.

"Yeah how ya doing?"

"I'm fine. How about you?"

"Great now that I'm talking to you." She giggles that cute giggle of hers.

"Oh thats sweet. How old are you?"

"I'm damn, 15" I forgot my own age until just now.

"Wow, really? You seem much older"

I feel much older." How old are you?"

"16 almost 17."

"You seemolder than that."

"I've been told."

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

"I'm bisexual."

"How'd you know?"

"Its Obvious Brook."

"Well then would you like to go out this weekend, Go see a movie or maybe roller skating?"

"Sounds wonderful."

"Alright. See ya then. Gotta go."

"Kay Kay. See ya."

After I hang up I feel like walking. So I go down stairs, hook Ala-Lyzel up to her leash and head out for a walk. When we get a mile or two from the house I see Ariano and Perila coming out of Pizza Hut.

"Ayo Perila!" I yell She turns and we lock eyes but then she keeps walking. So I can't get a hi now. What happened?

When I get back to my block I go next door to Emella's house to see what's up. I knock and ring the bell and when she answers she looks surprised. "Oh, Hi Brooklynn."

"Hey Emella. I just saw Perila but she was acting strange. Like she saw me but she didn't say anything. And now you're acting strange. What's goin on?"

"Well rumor has it you're a lesbian."

"Get it straight. I'm biseuxal." Yeah I decided. Just now.

"Well, Perila and I don't hang out with les-"

"Hey."

"My bad, bisexuals. You know what that say. Bird of a feather flock together. And we're not birds of a feather anymore, so."

"So you just drop me. Like don't even come talk to me? The fucking rumor could have been a lie. But you just take the worlds side and not come talk to your friend to find out the truth?"

"Thats the way it is. Sorry."

"I. Know what. BYE THEN. Fake ass bitches. I don't know why I thought I could come down here to Fake-lanta and get new TRUE friends." I rant as I walk back nex door to my house. "Just cause of my sexuality yall gone just drop me, what type of bull is that?"

I don't need them, fake people cause unnecessary drama. After I told them all my business... Its fine. Its cool. I just hope they don't end up like Veda.