Chapter Thirteen

Nic's POV

Later that evening before dinner.

"Addison! Come down here a minute!" I yelled up the stairs. Josie just texted, saying she's almost here.

"Daddy? Why do I have to wear this?"

I smiled looking down at her pink and red dress. "Because it's pretty and a friend is coming over. You know we always dress up for our guests."

"Oh, like when Uncle Luke comes over and we dress up?"

I nodded. "Exactly, but it's not one of your uncles. It's a lady friend of Daddy's."

"Like a girl?!" She asked a bit too excitedly.

I nodded, "Yes. Is that okay?"

She smiled and nodded, "Will she play with me Daddy?"

I shrugged, "She might. But she already agreed to watch a movie with us too. It is movie night."

"Is she gonna spend the night, too?!"

"I don't know. Do you reckon she should?"

Addie shrugged her little shoulders, "Will she sleep with you, Daddy?"

My jaw dropped. I wasn't expecting that. "Well, um-"

"It's okay if she does, Daddy! It's like Mummy and Sam before they got married, right? They loved each other so they slept in the same bed."

She was taking this much better than I expected. "So, you're okay with her staying over?"

Addie nodded. "Yeah!"

I sat down and watched Addie as she sat on the floor and began brushing a doll's hair. I shook my head in complete disbelief. She was taking this remarkably well.

Just then, the doorbell rang and I got up to get it. Addie stood too but I shook my head. "Stay here a minute, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay, Daddy." She sat back down and continued playing.

I walked to the front door and opened it. Josie stepped in.

"Wow!" She said cheerfully. "You look nice."

I smiled, "Thanks. Addie and I started dressing up for guests when she was little. She picks out my outfit and I pick out hers."

"Aww." She cooed. "That's sweet."

I chuckled and leaned down and kissed her lips. "Mmm, you had strawberries again."

She giggled, "I always have strawberries when I'm nervous."

"I don't know why you're so nervous, love."

She glared, "Really, Nic? I'm meeting you daughter for the first time. What do you expect?"

"Not what just came from my daughter's mouth before you got here. I told her you were coming over and she asked if you would play with her, but once I said you would stay for the movie, she asked if were staying the night. I asked her if it was okay and she said 'of course because it's like Elise and Sam before they got married."

Josie's eyes widened. "Wow! That's a bit surprising, isn't it?"

"Yeah. I can't believe how smart and calm she is about it."

"Wow."

"Are you ready to meet her?"Josie took a deep breath. "Yeah."

"Okay." I took her hand and we walked to the living room. "Addie."

Addie stood up and turned around. "Hi!" She ran around the couch and hugged Josie's leg. "It's nice to meet you!"

Josie chuckled and kneeled down in front of Addie. "It's nice to meet you too. Your dress is very pretty."