Chapter Seven|Cake & Coffee

(Edited ! Feel free to read. Song of the chapter is "Papercut" by Zedd ft. Troye Sivan)

"It's odd." Grace said, turning the next page of her magazine.

"You don't say" I replied sarcastically with no humor evident in my voice. I heaved a sigh and turned my head away from her, looking up at my ceiling. We were currently laying on my bed and talking about Conor. Grace was comfortably laying on her stomach and reading her gossip magazine, not really showing the amount of interest I at least expected, whilst I was talking and talking and repeating the same process. It was not just "odd" to see Conor working in a restaurant. It was more than that. It was unexpected, confusing and it just didn't fit in the picture. You probably do not even understand why it is bothering me so much; I mean it hasn't got anything to do with me and after all it is none of my business. Yet I was trying to come to an acceptable conclusion that would make me stop thinking about it. I knew there were many things to do on a Saturday evening rather than to sit in my room and get on the nerves of my best friend, but it seemed like the only thing I wanted to do.

"God Destiny, it doesn't matter though, does it ? There are lots of reasons to why Conor might be working or maybe even was working in a restaurant. It's not a big deal. I understand why it's so surprising because we never see any of the rich jerks in our school work anywhere, but that doesn't mean that Conor can't do it. I mean it's not off limits to work. It's normal" Grace said, looking straight at me. I huffed again. She was right. I was being too dramatic about it.

"You're right" I admitted.

"I know" She said, her eyes falling back onto the magazine.

"But how you said it's odd, right ?" I asked, not being able to just call the conversation about him off yet. Grace groaned and let her head slam into the magazine.

"Gosh Destiny since when are you so interested in Conor ? Last week you wanted to kill him for coming to your table to sit with you" She raised a questioning eyebrow and looked at me expectantly.

"What !? I am not interested in him !" I protested. Haha, me and being interested in him. How freaking funny.

"So where is the problem then ?" She questioned, waving her hand.

"No where" I mumbled, staring back at the ceiling. For a while it was silent in the room until Grace shut her magazine and threw it on the floor, sitting up and looking down at my laying self.

"You" She said, pointing at me.

"Yeah ?" I responded, rather bored.

"Wanna go out for some coffee and cake ?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I laughed.

"Sounds like a plan to me" I said after a while of thinking. You know it takes a lot to be worth enough for me to get out of bed and cake is one worthy reason. I jumped up and walked over to my closet, pulling out my thick light pink sweater. I quickly exchanged my t-shirt with my sweater and put on my black leather jacket above it. My light jeans perfectly matched my black Converse and my unmade hair. I was only going to eat some cake so I didn't feel the need of having to spend too much time on makeup or my hair. It was unnecessary, so I went for the natural look. Once Grace had grabbed one of my jackets -since she enjoys wearing my clothes- ,we made our way downstairs.

"Mum" I called out and got a "What !?" as a response from my mum.

"Me and Grace are going out for some coffee and cake" I informed her. I had to shout in order to make sure she heard me from her room. Grace was slipping on her shoes, whilst I was re-tying my Converse. I heard a door open upstairs and soon enough my mum was in sight at the top of the staircase.