Chapter 9

"Your fucking kidding me right? No way would I be out of it for that long, with a cut as small as this? That makes no sense, is that even possible?" I rambled, my eyes growing wide. "I haven't kept you guys from anything have I?"

"Not really love, we've been on a short break off the tour kind of thing, we still are until tomorrow. But you have been out that long, it really concerned the girls, lads and I." Zayn explains. Oh, okay, so I'm off on my own soon, and I was injured by a famous broken man that I passed out for far longer than normal from. Wonder where I'll go, I would stay with Julia, but I want to avoid her questions as much as possible. I can't stay with One Direction, they have stuff to do, and they don't need a lame injury prone girl added into their lives. Liam does need a person to talk to though, but we have each others numbers. I definitely don't want to stay in this damn city though.

If I do leave on my own, where would I go? I think I might want to leave the states all together. Maybe go somewhere everyone still sounds the same though, so things are somewhat similar to what I'm used to. I could try going to Canada, but I heard somewhere its cold all the time there, that the max temperature it will and has ever reached is less than twenty degrees.(my socials teacher would be so proud of me using stuff from my Canadian stereotypes notes :P) So I wouldn't ever get a tan, or be able to wear shorts and a tank top. Well, that last one wasn't to big of a deal, I don't wear anything less that long sleeves and maybe capris.

So in the end, where would I go? My stomach grumbled, proving that I was still hungry, but I ignored it, and smiled at everyone. Liam had a look though, one that told me  he was upset about something again. I gave him a pointed look, and headed onto the tour bus, excusing myself to use the bathroom. I sat down on the first couch at the front waiting for Liam to follow me on. 

I hear the door open, and up he walks. Wonder what his excuse was.... Huh. I guess I never get to know. "What's on your mind?" I ask him.

"Everything." He tells me, sitting down on the bench across from mine.

"What do you mean? Everything says so many different things."

"Danielle, my mum, the world, and fans. With what happened to you... Everything just, hit me all at once. Knocked me off my feet."

"What happened to me? I shouldn't be so far up on your list of concerns. What about your mom?"

"I never get to see her, or really talk to her anymore. Sometimes, I feel like the connection I had with her only a little while ago, is gone. That every tie I have in my family to my old life is gone. But, its a sacrifice that was needed right? Sometimes you can't be happy to make others happy? Now I'm not even doing that, the fans hate me. Everyone hates me."

"No Liam. Your wrong. The sacrifices you make should be making you happy to, you love what you do, don't you?"

"Of course I do. But the fans don't need me anymore. Don't you see it? The fans hate me!" His head falls into raised arms, as tears began to fall from his face.

"Liam, give me your phone, I need to show you something." I get up from my spot, and sit down next to him. He sobs quietly as he passes it to me. I turn it on, and pass it back to him so he could unlock it. Then he returns it to my hands, and I tap on the twitter app. I don't go to his mentions, knowing it would have much more of a negative outcome. I go over to the trends page, and tap on the number one trending hash tag at the current moment.

I waited for it to load, then handed it right back to Liam. "I started this trend a few weeks ago. Its gotten huge, read through as many as you can alright?" I tell him, letting him turn his focus onto his phone. A few weeks ago, I'd noticed Liam acting a lot more different than normal, and started a trend with my forty some odd fanmily followers. '#Liammemories. I'd encouraged only a handful at the time to tweet about their favourite Liam memories, hoping it would get big enough that he'd see it, and realize that everyone paid attention to him, and that they loved him.