Chapter 18

Liam's eyes grew wide. He just stared at her, open-mouthed and stunned. But then he turned an accusatory glare my way, silently killing me for Danielle's appearance. I could only hope my eyes told him that she was here on her own.

"The hell are you here for?" He all but growls at her.

"To talk to you. And Anya you have be there." She remarks, grabbing me by the wrist and pulls me next to her. I shoot Liam a sympathetic look and nudged my head towards the door to his room, telling him to go there.

Danielle drags me to Liam's door and pulls me inside as I reasure her that Liam would follow.

"Danielle. Its a little soon for this don't you think? You can't stress him out to much a right?"

"Mmhmm. But he does need to know." She finally lets go of my wrist, sitting down on Liam's bed. 

"What do you want Danielle?" Liam's voice is low and cold as he steps inside the room. He had probably been making sure the boys wouldn't eavstrop on us.

"I wanted to talk to you. About us." She states simply, wanting him to just accept her again already.

"If that's it, then why is she here?" He points at me, his eyes narrowing to slits. My breath hitched, normally Liam wanted me to help in anything that could possibly get emotional. But now its like he wished I didn't exist.

"Because I trust her. I trust that she can support us." Liam rolls his eyes at her.

"You seriously think we should involve her in our personal issues." I blanch at his reaction, ready to just back out of the room slowly. This is most definitely the last time I ever try to help him when he needs me. Well, actually, I'll probably forget this ever happened by morning and be up and ready to help him out again. 

"Yes Liam. I do." Danielle continues to argue with him in my favour. I have half a heart to just flip her off and stomp out of the room like a child. 

"But I don't want her here." That's when tears began to bud, I tried to hold them back.

"Its always like this with you huh?" She asks him, her voice cold. "Always forcing the world to revolve around your sorry ass. Always begging for sympathy. Anya here has been trying to bring us back together and all you do is treat her ass like shit. I can't fucking believe you Liam."

Surprisingly tears began to fall from her eyes, almost making me allow mine. But I choke them back, returning to Danielle's side to put an arm around her in an effort to calm her down. I look over to Liam, who was visibly battling every thought that ran through his mind. He shook his head repeatedly, screwing his eyes closed. 

Every few seconds Danielle would whimper, then sniff. I guessed she was slowly trying to recover herself. Liam on the other hand made no progress. His hands began to shake, then his arms, his body. I didn't know what was happening until it was too late. His eyes flew open, anger burning like a passion in his irises. 

His hand raised in slow motion and flew out, this all happening so slowly. As a last ditch to where he was aiming, I jumped in front of Danielle, taking the blunt force of Liam's palm against. my head. Danielle sheaked when my head snapped backwards almost 100 degrees. Liam cowars away from us, hands reaching around his face to hide himself in shame once he realized what he'd done.

I sit Danielle carefully on Liam's bed, quickly turning back to him. Despite the sting of my cheek and the overbearing memory of my mother slapping me less than two months ago the night before I ran away, I felt a small amount of sympathy towards the troubled young man. No doubt was he conflicted about where he and Danielle were in life, and the fact that I was here now might be a complicating mix for him.