Come and Say Hello

Jack's POV

Mark had suddenly just became that shady guy who always seemed to be planning something. He used so happy all the time and loved to have fun. Now he barely interacts with anyone anymore.

It's like he just wondered into his own world and got trapped there. Just never even decides to make eye contact. He stares off into space and smiles while he does it sometimes. It freaks me out.

But then one day I decided to invite my friends to my house to just hang out. They'd never been there in Ireland, so why not? I sent an invitation to everyone. Though it was most likely that Mark wouldn't even respond, I invited him too.

As a couple of weeks passed, everyone started to arrive. Felix, Marzia, Ken, Bob, and Wade. We all played video games and talked for a while. About 2 hours later, another person came.

I looked at the others in confusion, trying to figure out if one of them invited anyone. They shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders. So I got up and answered the door. "Mark?" I said shockingly.

"Hey, Jack! Hope I'm not too late for the party." He said stepping in. I watched him still in shock as he did. Everyone did the same. "What? Aren't you all gonna say hello?" He asked them.

Felix stood up and greeted him."Hey buddy! Glad you could make it." He said hugging him. Then Mark turned to me. "What's wrong? You surprised to see me?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. I haven't heard you speak to anyone in three weeks. What made you accept my invitation and come all the way out here?" I asked. "Well I've been very...busy lately, but I've gotten everything taken care of now." He said.

He smiled at me, but with a smile that made me a little uneasy. He turned back around and sat with everyone else. I walked over soon after and did the same. We all started conversating not long after that.

Everyone fell asleep later at night, except for Mark and Felix. For some reason it felt like Mark was forcefully trying to keep himself up. "Looks like we're the only ones awake. You guys tired?" Felix asked.

"Nah, I still got some juice left in me. You Jack?" Mark asked with that smile again. I looked away from him and shook my head. He chuckled and leaned in close to me. "Yes you are." He said.

I felt uncomfortable at how close he'd gotten. Felix could see that. "Um, Mark. I think you're making Jack uncomfortable." He said. "Nah, he's fine." Mark said closely to my neck. He began stroking my arm slowly.

"Mark what the hell are you doing?" I asked, annoyed. He didn't answer. He just started to lick up and down my ear which felt really weird. "Mark, what the fuck? Stop!" I demanded, trying to push him off.

Being stronger than me, he held me down kissing and biting on my neck roughly and forcefully. "MARK STOP!!" Felix yelled, running over and pulling him off. I held on to him tightly as tears ran down my face.

Mark had an irritated expression on his face and looked at Felix keenly. I looked back at him terrified in Felix's arms. "What is your problem bro?" He asked sternly. Without a word, Mark got up and walked into another room, closing the door behind him.

I still held on to Felix, tearing up. He tried comforting me. "Hey, you ok? That was fucking crazy." He said. "Y-yeah...I'm ok...I've never seen Mark act so aggressive against me." I said looking down.

"I've never seen him act that way against anyone. But don't worry, I won't let him do anything to you." He said. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back at me and I rested my head on his chest.

Mark's POV

I stood at the doorway listening to their conversation. I watched as they stayed close to one another and Felix practically saying he'll protect Jack. It made me angry just looking at him. "That stupid prick." I muttered to myself.

"You fool. Why did you even try and go for it just then? You'd be better off killing that Swedish bastard." The voice in my head, Dark, said to me. "Yeah I know. Just can't help myself when I'm around him you know?" I said, chuckling to myself.

"Can't argue with you on that." He agreed. I pulled out a knife I hid with me since I came here. A large, nicely sharpened butcher knife. I grinned at the sight of it. "A beauty isn't it?" He asked me.

"Very. Can't wait to spill that bastard's blood all over it. He'll learn not to get in the way of me and Jack." I said, contemplating it. I heard Dark chuckle. I hid it away again and stayed in the room for a while.

Once the lights in the living room went off, and Jack's door closed, it was time to make my move. I guess you could say I was a little too excited about doing this. But to me, I wasn't nearly excited enough.