and i'll cry if i wanted too

When I opened my eyes, everything was blurred. I found myself lying in a bed, staring up at a white ceiling. My head pounded in agony and my stomach churned, filling with sickness. As I lay there, I did my best to stop the bile from rising in my throat.

I sat up in the bed I was in. It was rather large, king size maybe, with white sheets and a dark blue quilt. The room was empty, except for a door a little to the right of the bed. It was painted white; two locks securely placed on it. Fear crawled inside me when I remembered how I got here. Someone had kidnapped me, but I didn’t know who.

I started to panic when I thought of all the possibilities I could’ve been taken. Was this human trafficking? Was my captor just using me for torture? I froze at each thought, terror consuming my every being.

I felt the urge to cry, but no tears formed. There were no windows in the room so I couldn’t tell if it was morning or night. How long had I been gone? Had Ava and Laney noticed my absence? I could only hope they did.

My legs seemed to have a mind of their own as I got out of bed. I ambled my way to the closer and dresser in front of the bed and opened them. Inside were all types of clothes, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, and dresses. The dresser held pajamas, underwear, and bras. Surprisingly, they were all my size. That only fueled my imagination on why I was possibly kidnapped.

Body trembling, I made my way to the white door as quietly as I could. I placed my ear against the cold wood, listening for any kind of sign.

There was only a vast silence.

Cautiously, I turned the knob. The door didn’t budge. It was locked tight.

So many things ran through my head as I backed up to the bed, sitting down. Questions that I didn’t seem to have the answer to. I didn’t even know what my captor looked like, let alone his name. Fear began to consume me once again. What if I never got out of here?

Ava and Laney had to be worried sick. By now they had probably notified my dad and the authorities. They could be searching for me right now. Maybe. Hopefully.

I tugged at the tightness of my dress that I thankfully wasn’t changed out of. The freaking thing had no pockets so I had failed to take my phone to the party. I definitely wouldn’t be escaping now.

The sound of a lock turning made my heart stop. I froze as the door slowly opened, revealing the outline of a guy.

He stepped inside and his face became visible. His eyes immediately fell on me and I instantly recognized that bright green. This was the guy from the party and he was the one who had taken me. I could tell by the look on his face. My breath hitched in my throat and I found it hard to breath.

He inched closer, his lustrous brown curls moving swiftly with him. In fear, I moved back on the bed, hitting the wall in the process. I pulled my knees up to my face and began to cry. By now, the guy had reached the bed and was towering over me.

“Don’t be afraid,” he said softly, his face softening at my frightened gaze. “I won’t hurt you.” I noticed the boy had a very thick British accent and was rather confused by it.

“Who are you? Where am I?” I cried out, sounding hopeless and lost.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me from my position, standing me in front of him. “You’re with me. You’re safe.”

I looked into his piercing green eyes and melted a little. What I saw were the eyes of an attractive boy, not a crazy kidnapper.

“W-who are you?” I stammered, releasing a breath.

He placed his hands around my waist and I tensed up. What was this guy doing?

“I’m Harry,” he spoke, pushing the hair out of my face.

I melted again, getting lost in his eyes. I had just met him and he already had this effect on me. This wasn’t possible. Especially not from my captor.

That’s when I came back to reality.

Without thinking, I stomped on his foot with major force. He let out a groan of pain. As he bended over to hold his injured foot, I took that as an opportunity to shove him away.

I didn’t waste any time rushing out of the now unlocked door. As I left, I found myself in a hallway that led left or right. I didn’t have time to ponder my choice so I went left. I sprinted, full force, down the corridor and came upon a dead end with a door. Sadly, it was just an empty bedroom.

“Veronica!” Harry yelled loudly. I could hear the anger in his voice and it frightened me.

I quickly rolled under the bed that was in the room and squeezed my eyes shut tight. I was hoping it would take him a while to find me.

I was wrong. I could hear Harry’s pounding footsteps getting closer by the second. This only caused me to tense more, hugging my knees closer to my body.

The door to the room flung open and I whimpered. I watched as he traveled to the other side of the bed. He grabbed my feet and dragged me out. I didn’t even have time to scream before he was on top of me.

“P-please!” I yelled, “Let me go!”

This time, I was crying loudly, wriggling in Harry’s hold. “Why are you doing this?”

Harry lowered himself closer and my sobs became muffled. “Because I love you,” he whispered smoothly in my ear, it was almost seductive.

I stopped fighting against him and my tears had ceased. His words made my heart stop. I couldn’t believe what he had said. We had only just met. Or did we?

Now that I was calm, Harry picked me up effortlessly, swinging me over his shoulder. I didn’t protest or mutter one word.

When we made it back to my room, he closed the door this time. I assumed he would never make the mistake of leaving it open again.

“I can’t believe you hurt me,” he said, now placing me in front of him. “We’ll have to talk about that.”

He led me to the bed, pulling me none to gently onto it. “If you try that again, there are other ways I can punish you. Do you understand?”

I tensed up again. Punished? What does he mean?

This was really happening to me and there was nothing I could do about it. I slightly nodded, answering his question.

“Good. There are a few ground rules that we need to discuss,” he took my hand in his, rubbing tiny circles in the palm. I wanted to pull away, but I was afraid to. Harry might do something drastic.

“Never run away. That’s rule number one,” he tightened his hold on my wrist and I could tell he meant business.

“I’ll let this slide for now. Also, you can never hit me.”

I swallowed hard and nodded. Deep down, I knew that if I broke any of his rules that somehow I would deeply regret it.

Harry let go of my hand and rose from the bed, heading towards the door. A part of me was glad to see him go, but the other was scared to be alone.

Before he locked me up again, I inhaled sharply. “Why did you take me?”

He looked at me intently before grinning, almost mischievously. “Like I said before. Because I love you.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

heres an update for you x