Best Friends For Never

I started to hyperventilate. That happened a lot when I was under stressful events. Now would be a perfect example.

Without thinking, I ran in an opposite direction, away from everyone, even Harry. I didn’t want to face my friends and I didn’t want them to recognize me, at all. I ran into the hallway that connected the bathroom and tried to catch my breath. My heart was galloping in my chest so fast that it was almost unbearable.

Before I could realize what was happening, I was enveloped in Harry’s arms. He cradled me, running his hand through my hair. “It’s okay, Veronica. Let’s get you home.”

He spoke softly to me. The way he usually did when he tried to calm me down. This situation was somehow different, though. “H-Harry,” I spoke breathlessly, gripped his forearms tightly. “W-why… my… Ava… Laney… why are they here?”

So many possibilities ran through my mind, and I felt like bursting into tears. My emotions were running rampant. I needed to leave. Now. Freeing myself from Harry’s grip, I ran away from him. I had honestly no clue what I was doing. All I knew was that I needed to get out of here.

I ran past vast crowds of people and passersby. They all gave me quizzical looks or, ‘what a weirdo,’ kind of looks. I chose to ignore them, and continued to run. I heard nothing behind me, not even Harry’s footsteps. But what I did hear was raucous laughter. I quickly glanced over my shoulder while continuing to run, finding Ava and Laney trailing behind me. They were still oblivious to me being a few feet away from them.

Harry was nowhere to be seen.

A part of me wondered what had happened to him, but I had no time to ponder that thought. I needed to run. Suddenly, I felt myself getting out of breath. I had to stop, bending over to clutch my stomach. My sides were aching.

“Veronica?” I heard an all too familiar voice speak. My eyes widened. That voice belonged to Ava.

I didn’t bother to look up. She didn’t need to see my face, so I walked off, pretending like I didn’t have a clue who she was talking to.

“Oh well,” I heard Laney say. I could almost feel her shrug. “We’re just imagining things.”

That’s right. Think what you will. You guys are so stupid that you can’t even recognize your best friend.

I can see why Jett didn’t recognize me, but my best friends? Wow, that knife sure cuts deep. Finally, I rounded a corner and found a sitting area. I took a seat, trying to pull myself together. That’s when I felt a hand grasp my shoulder.

I turned hesitantly, but was relieved to find Harry. I immediately hugged him, practically jumping into his waiting arms. “Take me home. Please.”

He nodded, curls rubbing against my cheek. “Of course.”

Harry carried me out to his car. I could’ve cared less about the weird stares we were getting from people. And I couldn’t even cry. It seemed like I was all out of tears.

Once buckled safely in my seat, I sighed, placing my hand on my forehead. “They must be on vacation.”

Harry didn’t say anything, but kept his eyes on the road ahead of him. I followed suit, because I had nothing else to say.

Harry and I decided to have a horror movie marathon when we returned home. He let me choose each one of course. Now, we were currently watching The Call, which was about a 911 operator who received a call from a girl that had been kidnapped. Seemed fitting for my situation, right?

“If I were her, I would just kick the guy in the balls,” I blatantly said, delving into my box of Junior Mints.

We were at the part where the kidnapper had opened the trunk for the first time to warn the girl tucked away in the back.

Harry laughed at my comment, wrapping an arm around me. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “What’s funny?”

He didn’t reply, but just smirked instead. Then, I remembered how he’d kidnapped me. It was so very similar. Maybe if I had kicked him in his private area, I wouldn’t be in the situation I was in now. “Maybe I should’ve done that to you.”

Feeling pleased with myself, I continued to watch the movie, shoveling in more candy. I felt Harry’s gaze on my face, but he was smiling.

“Oh yeah? You couldn’t have if you had tried,” he looked smug, crossing his arms over his chest.

I leaned towards him. It was my turn to whisper something into his ear. “Try me.”

Harry’s smile melded into a mischievous grin. That’s when I took the chance to run. But there was nowhere to go. I was grabbed and pinned to the ground, his hands on either side of my head, holding my arms in place. He situated his legs over mine to where I couldn’t move them, not even an inch. There was no way I could make my move to knee him in the area I knew would set me free.

Harry leaned closer and I could feel his breath fan over my face. “Told you.”

I rolled my eyes playfully, wriggling in his grip. “Okay, okay. Point taken. You can get off now.”

His eyes grew darker, but his grin still lingered. “Maybe I don’t want to get off of you. In fact, you look way better under me.”

My eyes widened as he dipped his head, kissing my neck feverishly. I titled my head, allowing him more access. Again, the same feeling as before erupted in my lower stomach. But this time, I was ready for it.

Harry’s hands joined with mine and we linked fingers. I closed my eyes, savoring the moment we were experiencing. Every time we did this, it was like I was the lock and Harry was the key and he was opening something inside of me I didn’t even know existed.

He had my heart. He had all of me. I was locked away, never to be loved by any other boy except Harry.

------------

i have done alot and updated everyday, could u guys please atleast vote? thank you  

oh and theres only like 12 chapters left and then there will be a sequel. enjoy bby