Unexpected Allies

I lay on the bed, waiting for Knox to make his next move. There was no point for me to worry about it now, so I just waited. I shook my foot nervously, ready for him to pop in at any moment. As if on cue, the door swung open and in walked Knox, making sure to lock the door on his way over to the bed.

"You're already waiting for me. How convenient," he said, lips curving into a sensual smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him and didn't bother to reply to his sexual comment. But then, he slowly climbed on top of me, lowering his body weight onto me. He began to leave tiny kissed all over my neck, making me cringe. I tried to squirm out of his hold, fearing for the babies, but I just couldn't move.

"Knox," I grunted, "stop." I tried to withhold telling him I was pregnant.

He raised his head. "Don't ever tell me no."

He began to kiss my neck again, only harder this time. I wanted to cry out for help, but I knew nobody would come.

"Please Knox," I begged and I knew I had to tell him. "I-I'm pregnant."

He practically threw himself off of me, almost as if he were repulsed. His eyes landed on the bulge of my stomach. "I thought you'd put on a little weight."

I scoffed; appalled he would actually say that to a girl. Did he not take my feelings to heart? What am I saying? Of course he didn't, he was Knox. He rolled off the bed, leaving me there. My hair was ruffled and I felt frazzled.

"Well," he sighed, "I need time to think about this."

Think about what exactly? I wanted to ask, but decided against it. He left and I rose up in bed, pulling my legs underneath my chin. I buried my face in my knees and braced myself for the tears that were about to flow. It was late, so I decided to just go to sleep. Maybe this whole thing would play out faster if I did.

Harry's POV

I had a sleepless night of restless tossing and turning. It was almost unbearable to not feel Veronica's body next to mine. My heart felt empty and did every other part of my body.

I rolled out of bed with a groan. Running my hand through my hair, I walked into the living to Niall sitting on the couch, watching TV. He had spent the night so that we could go to the police today.

I didn't bother to eat breakfast because I needed to get things sorted out. Picking up my cell phone, I dialed the authorities, prepared to tell them my story.

"Hello. How may I help you?" A gruff voice answered.

I replied almost instantly. "Uh, yes. I'm calling to report a kidnapping."

I tried to sound as serious as possible. I needed to find Veronica if it was the last thing I did. In the background, I heard the rustle of some papers and the click of a pen. Niall joined me in the kitchen, leaning against the table.

"What's the name, sir? And how long have they been missing?"

I was glad that someone was willing to help, but I had a feeling things were about to change. "Veronica Bennett," I confessed, "she's been gone for about a day now."

There was a small pause. Then I heard boisterous laughter. I pulled the phone away from my ear and I could still hear it as plain as day.

"She probably just ran away, mate. Call back when you have an actual problem, okay?" He huffed another laugh and then the line went dead.

I stood there in astonishment. How could he have been so rude? This was the love of my life we were talking about! Veronica's life was at stake and they just laughed in my face. Raging with hot anger, I threw my phone across the room. It shattered against the wall, leaving pieces scattered everywhere.

Niall placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, mate."

I covered my face with my hands and rubbed vigorously. I tried to hold back my tears. Then, all of a sudden, there was a knock at the door. Niall answered it because I was emotionally uncompromised at the moment. Three boys stood in the doorway, standing as stiff as sticks.

"Who're you?" I asked, joining Niall at the door.

The one standing in the middle looked directly at me. "I'm Louis. This is Zayn and Liam," he gestured to the boys standing beside him.

"And?" I questioned, just wanting them to leave. I had other things to worry about.

"We know where Veronica is."

My eyes widened and several thoughts ran through my head. How did these men know I was looking for her? How had they found me? More importantly, how did they know where Veronica was?

I ushered them inside, closing the door behind them. "Where. Where is she," I demanded instantly. Niall stood by my side.

"Calm down," Liam gestured, "she's with Knox."

My heart sunk yet rage overcame me. She was with Knox and he could be doing god knows what to her.

"Why reveal where she is. Aren't you connected with Knox?" Niall asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well," Louis spoke, "we do everything for him and he doesn't appreciate it. He doesn't even thank us. We thought it was time for him to get a taste of his own medicine," his lips twisted into a malicious smirk.

"So, are you in?" Liam asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked at Niall for an answer. He was my closest friend and I confided in him for everything. He nodded and I turned back to Louis, Liam, and Zayn. "Lead the way."

Veronica's POV

Knox shook me awake the next morning. He was saying something, but I couldn't understand him. I was still in a sleepy haze. Rolling over, I mumbled some incoherent gibberish, but he ignored it.

"I've reached a decision," he said, releasing my arm.

I rubbed my eyes. "A decision on what?" Then I remembered.

He held his arms behind his back and rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet. "I've decided that I will raise the babies as my own. And you will be my wife."

What? Was he kidding? His wife? "Are you serious?" I retaliated quickly, rising to stand. "These babies aren't even yours." I pointed to my stomach.

He smiled tantalizingly. "Well, they are now. And you can't do a thing about it. We'll talk about the wedding later."

I squinted at him with my mouth hanging slightly ajar. Before I could say anything, he walked out, leaving me to ponder what he would do next.