S L A V E ~ 11

*No ones P.O.V*
_Author_

Two Weeks Later

T'was the day that everyone had longed for, the day when the country would see their soon to be King and Queen for the first time together, announcing their engagement. T'was the day that they deemed to be a path in the right direction ...

A week hast passed so quickly, that it eventually turned into two. Nothing has really changed in those few days that seemed like years to Catalina, except for the mere fact that everything she had thought was real, was slowly crumbling before her eyes. Days upon days she wondered about the words that came from Rebecca Delatore's lips, she was in shock as she searched her mind for any possible reason as to how anything can make sense anymore. Catalina cried herself to sleep each and every night since then, unable to piece any given facts together; resulting in sleepless nights. How was she suppose to deal with this all on her own? no where to look .... no one to turn to .... she was and still is all by herself in a place where everyone hates her.

Ever since the day Rebecca visited, it was all too obvious that nothing was remotely even close to being the same, the royals looked at her as if she was some terrorist — a worthless piece of trash that needed to have her life ended sooner, rather than later. And those who were suppose to be on her side ... the other slaves of her race, saw her as an enemy.
But, Catalina thought to herself, how could she really be an enemy when she has no form of weaponry or any intentions of hurting or deceiving anyone?

How exactly is she the enemy when she, herself is targeted for a reason she cannot seem to comprehend.To be honest, she was drained and even though the work that had to be done was slightly easier each day ... being in an environment like this and being treated the way she was, constantly took a toll on her mind and her body.

As Catalina walked throughout the mansion, she replayed Rebecca's words in her head, reminiscing in attempt to decipher what she really meant and how it had anything to do with the country or her life as a matter of fact,

FLASHBACK

...with a deep sigh and a pause, Ms. Delatore spoke only a moment after, "If she is alive, I believe she may be on american soil"
      Catalina had shaken her head in disbelief, her frown not moving an inch from her face as she felt her lips quiver, her hands ... trembling at her side, "w-what is that suppose t-to mean? I-I don't understand" she managed to choke out in a stutter, "Please, make me understand" the desperation was evident in her voice, her yearning to make sense out of something she deemed as pure nonsense made her feel confused and only made her think the worst ...

Rebecca had taken a deep breath, looking down at her hands with a frown. She also, was secretly trying to make sense of the whole situation and the mere fact that all she could really go on was small details that was now beginning to sound silly to her ... to the point where she was deeply regretting she ever uttered a word from her mouth,
      "I told you, Catalina, that I, myself have no idea of what is exactly going on ... I-I only have bits and pieces-" she looked up at her with a distant expression, "Your mother, I believe is under the protection of your fathers' father... your grandfather; hypothetically speaking" Rebecca stated,

Catalina sniffled and shook her head after taking a deep breath, "I-I-" she gulped, "i-is my father an american citizen? Is he of american blood?"
      These questions that Catalina asked without a second thought not only made her insides burn for more answers, but it also made Ms. Delatore more frustrated and upset for she did not know all the details and it also made her yearn for more details, "I should have never said anything until I knew fully of what I spoke of" she mumbled, but Catalina heard perfectly,