Chapter 5: Ashton's POV

Ella is back. I still can't believe it. I need to keep my mind off her. I have Mackenzie who may or may not still be mad at me.
I get a text from Kenzie.
K=Kenzie A=Ashton
K- Hey babe, I'm sorry I got mad, I got my keys back and we need to decide what we are wearing this weekend.😘
A-um, ok. After school?
K-sounds good
A-ok

Ugh, I always fall into her traps, what the hell. I text Mackenzie again and let her know I'll get Michael and Luke and take them to school.

When I get to Michaels house, his mom offers me some bacon and eggs which I politely say no thank you to. I notice their sink is tinted green, from Mikey's hair dye.
Mikey comes downstairs wearing a green flannel over a Rolling Stones tshirt, some black vans and jeans.
"Sweetie, you took too long in your room ! Here is your breakfast now go!" His mom says shooing him out of the house handing him some Tupperware with his food in it. We go to Luke's house a couple blocks away and I see Ella in the window of his house. I felt a little bit jealous, and Mikey noticed because he said, "
"Ooohhh Ella and Lukey sitting in a tree, K-I-"
I hit him on the shoulder.
"Ow!" He said looking at me mischievously while touching his shoulder. I went inside and said "hey Luke lets go. " pretending not to notice Ella.
"Hey man," he said giving me a bro hug. "Ella needs a ride to school..."
"Uh sure," I said, lowkey distracted by her beauty.

Ella's POV

Oh shit! Ash is outside. Fuck. Here goes awkwardness. I don't understand how around the rest of the guys I'm fine, but around Ashton, I never quite know what to say. He walks in the door. I keep my head down. I look at my outfit; some high rise shorts and a floral crop top with white converse. Ugh, he probably thinks I look stupid. I've changed without the guys around.
Luke tells him I need I ride. I wave and then we get in Ash's car and leave. Mikey is in the car, and he says hey. They tell me about their newer songs, and we talk about memories of the summer before I left. They were my best friends. I missed them😔.
I couldn't find Sara when I get to school......"SHIT, Sara!" I yell loud enough for everyone to hear as we get out of the car. "What about her?" Luke asks a little worried.
"I forgot she said she would take me to school today." I said.
The worried look relaxed. Then principal Stine came up to us.
"Hello guys. I'm sorry to tell you this, but Sara got into a car wreck on her way to school today, on Elm street." Luke put his head in his hands while Calum, Ash and Mikey tried to comfort him. Tears welled up in my eyes.
"Have your parents call the school and let us know it's okay for you to go see her."
We pulled out our phones and called our parents. They would let us go. We got back in Ashton's car. Luke was trying to hold himself together and me, Calum and Mikey sat in the back silently whispering.
"Shit man, this sucks." He says
"I hope she's okay." Then I felt the blood drain from my face and Mikey gave me a worried look. "She was in the way to my house. Elm Street is between our houses. Its all my fault." I barely choke up.
" It's not anyone's fault. Luke here though seems pretty devastated." Calum said.
I'm not thinking straight all I can think is if she's okay. She's become my best friend and she's already hurt because of me. I start sobbing and cry into Mikey.
Normally this would be weird, but like I said they're like my brothers. I wondered if Ash noticed or anything. I kept sobbing till I felt the car pull to a stop. Luke's face was red and he ran with me while Ashton, Calum and Mikey jogged behind us.
We got to the desk and Ashton said, " Sara Holtman" the lady told us where to go. We reached the room and a nurse outside said, "Im sorry, this patient is undergoing a procedure. You can wait in the waiting room and we can come get you when she's out. How do you know her?"
"I'm her boyfriend and they're her friends," Luke said.
"Okay she will be tired when she's out but we can let you know. You can wait in the waiting room. We will ask Sara for your name to make sure she knows you before we call you in. Just procedure." She pointed us down the hall to the waiting room. We quickly called people to let them know where we were. Ashton called Kenzie, Luke stayed in his seat, I called my mom again, and Mikey called his too. Calum called his girlfriend which I just found out he had. Her name was apparently Jalynn. I'd seen her around school, she was pretty.

We waited and waited. Calum and I went to the vending machine to get food, we were starving.
"So, have you talked to Ashton yet?"
"Um no not really. Why does it matter?" I asked him, wondering why he would worry about this now.
"Him and Mackenzie are long over due for a breakup, and let's be honest she's a bitch and we all really like you including him. I think you should talk to him." He explained
"Your a really good friend Calum. I've known you since you were five, but you do not understand this."
" I can't tell if that was a compliment or not but thank you" he said taking a bow and then getting some snacks.
We headed back to the waiting room. As we were finishing our snacks, the nurse came in and said,
"Luke, Michael, Calum, Ashton, and let me see here...... Ella." We were all curious and scared to see her. Finally we turned the corner where her room was.

Lol that cliffhanger. I feel like its moving moving slow..... Oh well I liked this chapter. The real life Sara, if you're reading this, I love you and hope you never get hurt (except in this fan fiction😁👊🏿) I'll always be here for you❤️✨