Chapter 7: Ashton's POV

I laid in my bed last night, still not believing what happened yesterday was real. I typed into my phone
"Ella I think I love you," I knew I wasn't going to send it, but I thought about what she would say back. I snapped out of it.
ASH!!! She has a boyfriend! You have a girlfriend. You can't be together!
Finally, I forced myself to stop thinking about her. I stripped down to my boxers, and put my headphones in. I started listening to our song, Amnesia, it was about her. When she left, my world fell apart. The idea of not having her in my life, her smile, her smell, her face, damaged me. We were only in 8th grade, but I still loved her. I didn't know what to think at this point. Fuck it, I thought as a changed the song. The moonlight shone on the picture of me and Kenzie I had taped to my wall, and I drifted to sleep listening to Jet Black Heart.

•THE NEXT MORNING•

I woke up and looked at the clock, it was 8:12, school started at 8:25.
HONK HONK
I heard someone honking outside. I couldn't see who it was because my window faces Ella's old house.
"ASHTON DEAR, MACKENZIE IS HERE!" My mom yelled at me.
Shit. I grabbed some jeans off the floor, pulled them on, took a red American flag muscle shirt out of my drawer, threw on some shoes and I left the house. My heart was racing, I don't know why. I jumped in the passengers seat and kissed her in the cheek. The car smelled like cheap perfume.
"Morning honey" i said flirtatiously.
She rolled her eyes. "You look like a mess." She said. I looked in the side mirror and saw my hair was facing almost every direction possible. I tried to smooth it down. I miserably failed. I found myself thinking about Ella again. She smelled like lilacs. She could light up a room. She was beautiful, with her blondish brownish hair reaching halfway down her back. Her thick eyelashes and full lips. She was perfect. She walked confidently and laughed with joy. I could picture her right there next to me. The sun shining on her light, perfect skin and blushed cheeks.
"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!" Kenzie screamed at me annoyed. I was daydreaming. I had to figure out my feelings. Ella? Kenzie? My head wanted Kenzie, but my heart longed for Ella. I say this like I have a choice. Even if I break up with Mackenzie, Ella is too perfect for someone like me. It's not like it used to be. I had been ignoring Mackenzie for a while now, she was giving me a lecture.
Then she smacked me.
I looked at her. Tears filled her eyes. I had no clue why honestly. My face got hot. I didn't know if it was because she smacked me, or if I was uncomfortable. She stopped her car.
"Get the hell out." She demanded.
"Fine" I said dismissively. Fucking bitch. I got out. And walked to school. I was about 45 minutes late, and I was covered in dust from the gravel road I had to walk on. My hair was a mess too and I didn't put on any cologne or deodorant because I was late. Ugh.
Mackenzie acted like she felt bad for me. She wasn't. There were two empty desks in language arts. Sara and Ella's. I knew Sara was in the hospital. She was getting out tonight. The second period bell rang and I grabbed my shit and met Calum in the hallway.
"Dude. You look like shit." He said.
"I can thank Mackenzie for that. As soon as I got in the car she fucking started talking about how I looked like shit so she dropped me off on the side of the road and drove away." I said getting angry.
"Damn."
"Hey, um do you know where Ella is?" I said running my hand through my hair.
"Nope. Probably with Sara. Stop worrying about Ella and start worrying about your girlfriend. We are hanging out after school at your house. Be there." He demanded and then walked away.
Well okay then.... I mumbled.

(A/N please notice that their school day is split into 7 periods. Third is study hall and part of 4th is lunch.)

I met up with the guys in the student lounge for study hall, where no one actually studies unless it's close to finals.
"Sara's getting out tonight" Luke said for the ten millionth time. "I'm gonna go visit her."
"Ok we'll cover for you. Bye man. Let us know how she is." Calum said. Luke left the room.
"Have you invited Ella yet?" Mikey said grinning.
"Very funny. She's taken dumbass... Not that I like her." I said.
Then she walked in. She looked like a model. She was wearing a white flowy tank top and jean shorts. Gorgeous. She had a coffee in her hand and plopped herself down on the ground where we were sitting.
"Hey guys" she said happily.
"So I'm guessing Sara's good?" Calum said.
"I ran into Luke on the way out. She's good. I mean, besides her cast and bruises but she's not hurt. Luke is probably going to be able to take her home." She explained. "Where's Chloe and Jalynn?"
"Ugh. Chloe is a pain! She told me she loved me and then started crying. Then she stopped and said she wanted food. I don't understand!" Mikey said annoyed. (A/N hint hint 🔴🔴🔴)
"Um, Michael, that's called-"
"Shhhh you don't talk about that!" Ella cut me off. She pulled a McDonald's bag out of her backpack and distributed lunch. I looked at Calum and Luke.
"Your eyes just got 5 times bigger when you saw that Big Mac." I said. We all laughed and thanked Ella. She really was a great friend. We are and talked and laughed until the bell rang.
The rest of the day was great, until after school when Mackenzie approached me.
"I'm sorry babe. Please don't be mad at me. You look great." What the fuck. She literally just shoved me out of her car and made me walk to school.
"You made me wa-" she cut me off by kissing me passionately.
"See you later," she said grabbing my thigh.
THAT GIRL PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH😡 but she's kinda hot though. (A/N Yeah, you see what I did there)

Ok this chapter was kinda boring but it hopefully grew Ella's personality. I haven't updated in a while . I'll try to update more😊 bye bye now