Chapter 11

Ashley's POV

After the amazing week I've had, I'm ready to just spend some time with my man.

Since Ashton has been ill since Wednesday this was his first day back to work. I won't be surprised if he comes home a bit later than usual.

Being an accountant isn't that easy.

It's only around one and I have a great plan for later on tonight, but right now I need to go grocery shopping.

See my plan is to make a nice dinner for Ashton and I since we never really spend a lot of time together. With me always at the studio and him always at the office, we never have enough time for just the two of us.

So I thought what better way than to celebrate than with the man that you love.

Walking into the nearest grocery store, I grab a cart and make my way towards the meat section.

I pass all kinds of meat and have a hard time trying to figure out what to make. Ashton claims that he loves everything that I make, but I know how much he loves my lasagna.

Or maybe I could make us some Steak with potatoes and a small side salad. Then again I don't really eat salad.

Deciding that lasagna is not only easy to make, but kind of quick I pick up some hamburger meat and place it in my basket.

Walking through the store, I grab all of the necessary things to make dinner. Pasta, cheese, shredded Parmesan, and some Ragu sauce. I quickly make my way through the vegetable aisle picking all kind of veggies for a salad.

I know I don't eat it, but I know that Ashton loves a good salad and he has kind of been craving one for the past couple of days.

I quickly walk through the vinegar aisle and throw a random bottle of vinaigrette on top of everything else.

As I'm making my way towards the registers in the front, I make a quick detour through the wine aisle. I may not know anything about wine, but I am quite sure that it would taste amazing with our dinner for tonight.

My cart comes to a stop behind a couple that seems to be examining a wine bottle. Acting like I know what I'm doing, I pick up a random bottle and inspect it like the couple in front of me.

"Honey, I think we should just get the Chardonnay. You know how much Christi loves to drink it." The wife gushes.

The husband sighs.

"I know, but do you remember what happened last time Christi drank Chardonnay?" The husband grimaces.

"I remember, but I think the Chardonnay is the better choice." The wife says with a sense of finality in her voice.

The husband sighs once more before taking the bottle from his wife's hand and placing it in the basket.

I quickly look away as the couple walks past me.

I sigh deeply as I look at the bottle in my hands.

"And I only thought there was red and white wine." I comment to myself. "What's the point of having so many types of wine? It's just a bunch of grapes."

Sighing once again, I take a step back and take a quick glance at all of the wines.

As I'm racking my eyes over the wines, my phone goes off.

Pulling it out of my back pocket, I look down to see the unknown number once again.

From: UNKNOWN

You should just get the Chardonnay like the couple. It has a rich taste and I know for a fact that it will go great with lasagna.

Pressing the power button, I look both ways through the aisle and see no one else. Obviously there are people that are passing by, but there is no one but me in the wine aisle.