Day of Silence and People

I participated in the LGBT day of silence and didn't talk at school all day. The day of silence is for all of the voices that have been silenced by antiLGBT harassment, bullying, and hate crimes. My GSA all took a vow of silence for the whole day.

It was an interesting experience in that people could see that suddenly there was silence from people that day and it brought up the issues of bullying at school to everyone. I had a substitute and after hearing about it he asked how many of us had been bullied and it was shocking how many of us raised our hands.

The downside I felt was that it reminded me of what I've been trying so hard to leave in my past. Some people didn't notice and didn't care even when I was sitting next to them that I was refusing to speak and I could see everything going on and was ignored and it reminded me of being invisible. I've been trying so hard for so long to not be invisible and forgotten at school.

Now onto people. So over time I've noticed all the "cool" sayings that have gone and passed. People saying phrases a lot for a while then they fade out for some new saying. Right now some people are saying "I'm triggered" all the time when something vaguely annoys them. While still laughing and joking and not remotely upset. They keep saying it and it bothers me. Ugh.

I couldn't go to the dance I was going to go to over the weekend but I'll probably see my friend this weekend.

My fingers are blistering and painful from playing so much guitar every day and hopefully they'll be calloused soon.

How are y'all doing?

Love ya <3 ;