Chapter 8: The Unknown

RebekahP.O.V.

"Today you and Johnny were going to be united as husband and wife." Father says.

Me, Johnny and Norrin were still in the living room seated on the couch. Reed and Ben were still talking to Nasa to figure out of they did indeed send out that droid. Sue decided that she would try to get the remain paparazzi to leave from the front of the building.

"Yes." I said.

"And everything blew up into flames."

"Pretty much sums everything up." Johnny said with a firm nod.

"Welcome to the life of superheroes!" I say with an unenthusiastic wave of my hands.

"You'd think saving people all the time, you'd be let off easy for one day of your life."

"You save people?" Father asked looking at me. I turn to my fiancé.

"Oh. No, that's Johnny and the other guys. I'm not really on the team."

"Then what is it that you do?"

"I, uh, model. It's one of my favorite things to do. But I do help out the guys when they need it."

"But...I tell her a thousand times that there's always a spot open for another team member!" Johnny says while pulling me into a crushing side huge.

"5, 4--" I began to count and he squeezed harder. "3!"

"That doesn't scare me anymore, babe."

I elbow him in the ribs and he let's go with a wince, a hand going to rub his side. My father sat in his seat as quite as a mouse with his head tilted while he was observing the both of us.

"Does this interaction always happen between you two?" He asked.

"Only when he's being to much--which is all the damn time." I say.

"Sir, your daughter abuses me verbally and physically." Johnny said.

"No I don't, flame boy."

I rolled my eyes before slapping him on the chest. Johnny starts pointing at me like I was a woman just accused for witchcraft.

"See!"

"Ramora...I'm sorry." Father said looking down at his lap.

Me and Johnny both turn to him with a confused look. What could he be sorry for?

"Sorry about what?" I asked.

"About what took place at your wedding. I can see how much you care for him."

"Yeah. When she isn't being abusive." Johnny mumbles.

"One last time Jonathan!" I warn him with a glare.

I look forward and give my dad a sad smile. I reach out to grab his hand pulling him up to stand.

"Let me show you to your room. You do plan on staying?"

"Yes. But not for long. Your mother calls weakly to me, and you."

My father placed a hand over his heart and I did the same with mine. Over my necklace. Johnny came over a placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Ben and Reed might have something. You guys want to go seem them first before getting comfortable?" He asked.

"No need, we're already here!" Reed says running into the room with Ben and Sue behind him.