Chapter 7 : NASA?

RebekahP.O.V.

"My mother, she's ill. How?" I asked.

My Father stood in the middle of the living room, while the rest of us circled around him. I was completely over the stars when he was indeed alive and okay, happy to hug him tight and cry in his arms as we spoke how much we missed each other. But finding out that the woman who gave birth to me was sick and dying was something I wasn't expecting to come out of his mouth.

"After defeating Galactus, I was out for some time floating in space. Hours later I gained consciousness and my board returned to me. I traveled back to our home. Everyone rejoiced at my return and the Destroyer's end. Though your mother was glad as well...she was heartbroken that you weren't here with us. But I planned on coming back for you to see if you wished to return home." Father said.

I reached out and grabbed his hand. He gave me small smile before sighing.

"We made plans for your arrival. Everyone. She was over joyed to finally see you again after all these years. Everything was fine, until...she discovered that thing."

"What thing? What did it look like?" I asked.

"It was a type of machine. Crashed not 3 week before I headed towards this planet. What stood out was the letters painted bold: N, a, s, a."

We all looked at each other slowly putting the words together in our heads.

"...N...A...S..A. N. A. S.A. NASA. NASA?" I said.

"As in the NASA? Our NASA?" Veronica asked.

"Um sweetie, what other NASA is there?" Chris asked.

"Well if it is NASA it could be some kind of drone." Ben said.

"What the bloody hell would NASA be sending a drone there? I imagine our planet must be miles, and miles away from earth." I say.

"For a craft unlike my board it would take years. But with my board it would only take a few weeks with it's speed." Father said.

"Me and Ben will contact NASA. Ask if we can look at some files of any drones gone missing or offline." Reed said.

Him and Ben walked away, Sue trailing behind them. Veronica came up to me and pulls me into a hug.

"I have to go. Call me if anything happens."

"Yeah."

Veronica then look towards my father with a bright smile.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Norrin." She said.

"Like wise."

Chris goes with Veronica to walk her out. Johnny comes over to me and puts his arm over my shoulder.

"This day's been fun."

I roll my eyes at him before looking back at my father. I take my hand out of his to point towards the idiot who was my husban--fiancé.

"Father, you remember Johnny?" I asked.

"Yes. Hello again."

"Hey! So. Should I start calling you dad now?" Johnny asked with a grin.

Norrin gives him a funny look which makes me laugh nervously.

"Yeah...there's a lot you've missed."

This chapter is very short, but the next one will be much longer!