Chapter 6 : The Return

RebekahP.O.V.

"Why does this always happen?!" I asked.

It's been two hours since Grant made a grand appearance. Two hours since the explosions and bullets flying through the air. And two hours since we had to shut down the wedding.

Me, Chris, Veronica, and the rest of the gang were all together in the living. Ben and Veronica stayed on their feet, Chris sat in a chair. Reed and Sue shared the couch. Johnny sat next to them on the arm of the couch, watching me pace around the room with worried eyes.

I was in a white sweater and gray sweat pants, no socks covering silver polished toes. My hair down from it's bun and back to being curly and free. My dress had gone back to being hung up in my closet for who knows how long now until we have another wedding.

I was not in a happy mood. All this anger flared up inside of me, but I was also trying to keep myself from falling down to my knees and cry.

"Why is it that when anyone in this little family of ours tries to have a wedding, it just never works out! Something always happens and then everything turns to ruin!" I said.

"Just to point out, Johnny did kinda jinx it." Chris said, causing Johnny to throw a glare his way.

"Are we damn well cursed?!" I asked.

"We aren't cursed." Reed says. I shake my head in disagreement.

"Nope. I'm calling it now that we're indeed cursed!"

"You aren't cursed, Rebekah. It's just called being in love with a superhero." Veronica said.

"Sure. But, I still say we're cursed."

Chris's phone beeped. He checks it quickly before putting it back into his pocket.

"Just got word that all the remaining guest that were in the lobby waiting for their rides, have finally evacuated the building. The ones who's gotten injured from the explosion or shot have already been taken to the hospital before." Chris said.

"What about the gunshots?" Johnny asked.

"Snipers were on the roof of a building not too far away from us. And whoever did shoot the rounds weren't seen exiting the building. No finger prints, nothing. Gone with out a trace." Ben said.

"And the explosion?" I asked.

"Police say a bomb was rigid to blow 10 minutes after you got up to the alter, sis."

"So someone planned to ruin my wedding, and victoriously succeeded. And now your telling me that they're a ghost? There's no suspect what so ever?"

"Could've been Grant." Chris said.

"Grant's a complete idiot who thinks with his balls instead of his brain. It couldn't have been him." I say.

Chris phone beeped again. He reads the text. And not a moment later had the look on his face. I look over at him with a frown.

"What is it?"

"Word got out. The wedding is all over the media. People are saying that it all had to do with Rebekah not being human, and some Alien hate group crap thing whatever. They're all calling it the disaster wedding of the century."

"They can't be serious." Sue says with a sigh.

I leave the living room, hands balled up into fists. I walk straight to my old room, going outside to the balcony. Glancing down over the railing I could already see the paparazzi standing down stairs. Waiting for anyone of us to come out of that door.

I was very tempted to drop something really heavy down on all of them. I hear foot steps coming from behind me.

"Babe?" Johnny asked.

"Do you think Reed has any spare junk from his inventions? I really want to see which one is the heaviest and test out gravity, see how many paparazzi I can hit in one go."

I turn around to look at Johnny and see the concern written across his face as he stares into my eyes. I move away from the balcony, giving him a small smile.

"I'm okay. Honestly." I say.

"Sure you are. Just ignore what those news reporters said." Johnny said. I roll my eyes.

"Who gives a rats ass about what they say! Everything didn't go as I hoped it would. Yes, my wedding literally went up in flames along with raining gun fire. Yes, I'm angry, but--but I'm just...I'm--"

"You're trying to keep your cool. And you're doing pretty good, but you're also hanging on the edge of your breaking point. You want to murder someone, but you also just want to ball your eyes out, because the day you've dreamed of didn't turn out the way it was suppose too." Johnny said.

My mouth hangs in awe, before turning into a small grin.

"Wow. Am I that easy to ready?" I asks.

"For me? Yes. I've learned to see behind all the smoke and mirrors you use to hide your true emotions. If I didn't, I wouldn't be a good husband."

"Fiancé..." I say sadly.

Johnny pulls me into a warm embrace. I cling to him like my life depends on it.

"I really want to cry right now."

"Then cry, Bek."

"Even if we have another wedding, I already know it's going to be a disaster times two."

Johnny pulls away slightly to rest his head against mine. He cups the side of my face with his hand.

"We are going to get married. We will be united as husband and wife, and no one can take that from us." He said. I nod my head.

"No one."

"You think you're ex is going to come back and pay us a visit any time soon?"

I sighed in annoyance, my lips going in to a line.

"He better not. If he does, he's getting a big silver kick in the nuts."

"REBEKAH COME QUICK!" Sue yelled.

Me and Johnny both ran out of the room and back to the living room. Everyone was standing up and staring at something in front of them. I slowed down to a jog.

"What is--"

My eyes trailed over to the side and stop walking completely. My necklaces was buzzing softly against my chest. Johnny stops behind me his eyes going wide.

"Dad." I say.

"Holly crap." Johnny said.

The silver man who was my father, that I thought had died long ago got off of his board, which was hovering 2 feet above the ground. He walks quickly towards me and I throw my arms around him once he's in my reach. Holding him in a death grip.

He didn't complain. But hugged me just as tight. I cried into his shoulder.

"You're here." I whisper, scared that this was all a dream.

"My dear Ramora, I have missed you." He said.

"I thought you were gone forever."

"Um. Not that we aren't happy to see you Norrin, but why are you here?" Ben asked.

We both reluctantly pulled away. My dad looks at all of the other with sad silver eyes. When he lands back on me my eyes lit up with concern.

"What's happened?" I asked.

"It's your mother, Ramora. She has fallen ill. And my have no hope to recover."