Chapter Nineteen

We were already in our seats when the rest of the class piled in, making as much racket as they possibly could. Luce groaned at them and put her head face down on the table. I rested my elbow on the surface and held it upright for my palm to hold up my chin. My eyes were barely open and my mouth dropped open as I breathed through it, instead of my nose, like I did when I slept.

    "Morning guys!" Sid said as he entered the classroom with his coffee and laptop. 

    Sid was our tutor on the monday mornings and he focused on fine art, which wasn't one of my expertise... In fact, it was my least favourite part of this course! 

    I didn't really mind Sid, even though he was a bit tougher than our other tutors, he helped us and directed us in the right way, instead of just letting us mess around... He had grounds and stuck to them, which really did help. 

    Each student got assigned a tutor to guide them and help them along the year. The tutor would have to meet the student every so often to talk about their progress and other important things. 

    At the start of the year, I wondered whether the tutors actually took notice to their student, but I learnt that they each have a set of questions on a sheet and ways to talk to us. 

    I actually got Sid when they picked me a tutor, and that didn't really bother me because he would sort of help me more than the other tutors. Even though the questions that he did ask were off the sheet, he expanded them to make me talk a little bit more than I was used to and some of the others told me that I was lucky to have him as my tutor.

    Last time I met him, he had asked about my future and whether I had plans made. I remember shaking my head because I had no clue about what I wanted to do, only about where I wanted to be... I didn't tell him that part though.

    "I was thinking about trying something new..." He said, looking around at our glum faces. "Kassie and I have decided to stretch out this little project and do it for the whole week. It's nothing to do with the topic you're working on at the moment, it's just something that we think may expand your mind and possibly help your current work."

    The class chattered amongst themselves and I looked to Luce, who was just about awake, but I couldn't be sure whether she was listening.

    "I'll explain it all tomorrow and for anyone that misses this, there will be a notice on the front of the door with clear instructions. Just don't turn up late tomorrow because it will cause problems and everything might mess up." He continued.

    "So what it is?" The loud boy in the class asked.

    "It will be explained tomorrow." Sid repeated.

    The boy muttered to the people around him in annoyance.

    "Then why did you tell us now?" He grunted.

    "I was just telling you all so you wouldn't get confused for tomorrow!" Sid responded.

    "But you could have jus-" 

    "God dammit, Fletcher!" Lucy called across the room to him and he quickly lowered his head.

    I laughed to myself and the rest of the class were all howling of laughter. Lucy shook her head at me and smiled only slightly and then mouthed 'fucking wankstain' about the guy and we both just grinned.

    "Anyway, today is just the same, get on with your work." Sid said. "If any wants any help or tutorials, just ask. And as for the people who are leaving the class to go to other rooms or to the library, just write it on the board, along with your name and where you will be."

    And then he walked over to Fletcher and quietly took him aside.

    "I'm so behind." Luce said and I agreed with her.

    "Do you want to get some juice?" I asked her, reaching for my purse.

    She got money out of her pocket and we both hopped off out seats and started to head to the cafeteria.

    There were a lot of grown people with the yellow lanyards labelled 'staff' walking around the music block, which we had to cut through. 

    The staff all carried tables and chairs, whilst others held the lighter option of plastic and cardboard boxes full of sheets of paper, pencils, pens, paints and other art supplies... There was also music equipment.

    "What do you think the thing with Sid and Kassie is going to be?" I looked at Lucy.

    She shrugged her shoulders, "Probably something shit."

    "Probably." I said and we carried on walking.

    We reached the canteen and grabbed a bottle of tropical juice each.

    "How are you?" She asked.

    I lowered my eyebrows, confused why she was asking.

    "I'm fine?" 

    "You know what I mean." She said.

    Zach.

    "It's not even been twenty four hours..." I stated the facts.

    "I guess so."

    "But yeah, I think I'm fine." I said.