Chapter 4

You act like nothing ever happened between us, when it meant the world to me

-Unknown

Xanasós's POV

Some people never change. Some people do change. But change is a critical factor. Without change, would we be here now? Most likely now. Which is the only reason I'm not shooting every one of these people in this room. Except for the Captain Ice. Sorry, I mean Spangles. Capsicle? Eh, anyways, he's okay. So is redhead and doctor. Doctor who? Doctor Banner. Thor is... okay... I guess... Tony seems a little haughty... And arrow guy is decent I guess, but he's too much like Oliver. Oliver's cool. Team Arrow!
But Percy is the most interesting one here. I've spied on him before. Wait, that sounded creepy. I mean, I saw him once or twice on my runs. Justice runs I call them. No other comments on the matter.
But I saw him before the betrayal. Before he lost his radiant smile. Before his famous sea-green eyes lost their sparkle. Before Annabeth. I almost spat her name in my head. I never liked the blond-haired beauty, the prized jewel of Athena, the wise warrior, the grey eyed genius, the shrewd member of the seven. Jealousy, you ask? Heavens, no. She reminds me of him. The same blond hair. The same grey eyes. The same look in those aforementioned grey eyes, the look that would do anything for science. The look that would gaze at me like I was an interesting specimen, one yet to be dissected. Yes, she is not as sinful as he. Yes, he committed crimes against nature. Yes, thy is guilty. But would thou do thy same as thy kin? For isn't thy kin thy most important thing to thee?

Percy's POV

The girl in the cloak, Xanasós, I think, looked lost in thought. I noticed her glaring at a few of the Avengers, even at Annabeth. Mostly at Annabeth. No judging here. Annabeth and Steve were discussing plans. As they finished up they're conversation, Annabeth walks up to me and smiles. All of the tearful messages begging for forgiveness she had sent me were forgotten. "Hey Percy. We're going to be staying here. Cap says they have enough room." I nod.
  How can she act so calm when in reality the world is falling down around us?